X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1984 Delco radio not working anymore

Originally posted by SteveSS View Post
    Hi everyone.
    Just found this forum & thread today. (about 4 yrs late)

cadiman,
    From what I read above, apparently you have worked on these radios.
    Here's my story:
    I have the same radio in my '89 truck. Just started having trouble. Won't turn on. Well, it turns on if I push the 'power' button about 15 times and wiggle it just right. Then all controls work , but must keep hand away from power button. And, if I turn off ignition I have to start this process over. The clock illuminates all the time.
    I suspect the 'power' pushbutton. Ever replaced one? Difficult? I've done some electronic repair so.... I was thinking a remote on/off toggle if I can't get a original switch. Truck is 28yr old, but runs great. Worth about $500, so no new radio.
    I haven't pulled radio from the dash yet. I'll have get it indoor (ND winter) and check the wiring. Maybe I'll get lucky.
    Been searching for hours for parts for this thing. No luck.
    Would be great if you find this thread again.
    Tanks.
    SteveSS did you find a solution to your AC Delco radio problem?

Comment

Re: 1984 Delco radio not working anymore

Originally posted by SuperDuty View Post
      Hi,

I have a 1984 Delco UU6 ETR Radio with Equalizer. I have had a hard time finding it (it's what my '84 Trans Am came with originally), but I got it two years ago, I've added an auxiliary input and it was working perfectly with great sound on the test bench.
      I'm slowly getting my Trans Am back together so I've tested it inside the car with the same great results : listening to an mp3 on an original 30 years old unit is priceless.

But then, I put the center console back in, so I plugged the radio again and it wouldn't work anymore. It only shows the time and I can change it. But no sound would come from it, nor can I change the station or play a cassette, only the time is visible.

I've tested several aftermarket radio and they work fine in the car.

I've taken it apart and I don't see any visible problem with the caps, yet, they're 28 years old Delco capacitors...

Any ideas ?

Thanks !
      I have the same radio in my suburban and I was wondering if you could tell me where in the radio you tied in the aux? Was it on the amplifier board

Comment

Working...
      X