X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did I buy a bad Samsung main board? TCON Gamma values included

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
    Do a firmware update/reapply.
    I've tried finding any firmware online for this set, but have not had any luck.
    Samsung has pulled from their site.
    I've googled quite a lot but just have not found anyone who still has a rev posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      you put new MB to the set which it had other type. if you don't have the info on yours original S.mode of MB. then only replace the eeprom from old one to the new or make dump to it and flash it to the new on.
      I've checked out the boards, but I really don't know which chip I would be replacing. I read the thread about download/upload of eproms - I don't have an eprom reader/writer, and while I could desolder/swap from old to new, I see at least 8 possible 8 pin chips on this board.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by fishoak View Post
        - Checked the Gamma values with the TCon spreadsheet v1.1, there is at least one set of errors in the formulas in the sheet on the Detailed Results tab - formulas in Column B22 and downwards are off by one...once I fixed that, it passed the Monotonicity Test. Overall it says it passes, but in the Symmetry test the last two values say fail...yet...I'm not sure the formulas are correct there too - they cell formulas change pattern right at that cell.

- Attached pic of Panel label

- working in service mode, changes take affect within 3-5 seconds after selection. I've tried pretty much all settings possible to see if they would have any effect

- I checked out the part of the entries in the AVS forum link, I did not find anything I could use there yet, but have not read every one of the hundreds of entries yet...will take some time.
        thanks for the info. its looks like you have more "work" to get thru this.

One thing though, you indicate that you "tried pretty much all options" in the menu BUT that doesn't help answer "what options for the panel" are listed. Further, this is not a "one option fits" mode.... it is more of a "one panel option fits with one other setting" which has to be right otherwise it is likely that you won't get the right result... so you have to have the right combination as it kind of warns in the link posted about the "tech note from samsung". Still further, if I understand the panel label correctly, your panel is an 8 bit panel not 10 bit.... so in your pictures, you have that "panel mod" set to 10bit (lvds). This is likely an indication that you have the wrong panel setting (if I understand how the service menu works... ie. "auto fill happens" in some fields).

Lastly, you did not indicate what firmware you are actually running.
        Last edited by budwich; 07-09-2018, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I like Diah suggestion.... it would appear that the data on your new board may be totally incorrect, either thru someone playing with it previously or otherwise... :-)

As suggested, pull the old eprom from your old board and plug it into the new. As always, "i don't know which chip it is... " doesn't really help the forum, you need to post good pictures of things (in this case the cards) and people will more than likely provide you with direction. Further, if by chance you do get at the old data, take a "picture copy" at least of any settings before you start trying to change things in the SM as "random changes" in the menu are very dangerous to your "TV's health".

Comment

Resolved: Did I buy a bad Samsung main board? TCON Gamma values included

The issue has been solved by replacing the main board again, this time with a model BN94-01199L board.
            One obvious difference in the settings for this "L" board is there was a panel option for 52AMV, and also several more options. Where, the BN94-01199C board only had a total of the three options I showed in the Pictures 52AM, 46AMW, and 40AM.
            I never could find any firmware code updates online, but it is possible if I could have, updating firmware might have been resulted in these additional options becoming available and would have resolved the problem.
            Or, maybe the "C" board just doesn't support the newer panel which came with the "L" board.
            Thanks for the suggestions along the way.

Comment

Re: Resolved: Did I buy a bad Samsung main board? TCON Gamma values included

Originally posted by fishoak View Post
              The issue has been solved by replacing the main board again, this time with a model BN94-01199L board.
              One obvious difference in the settings for this "L" board is there was a panel option for 52AMV, and also several more options. Where, the BN94-01199C board only had a total of the three options.
              just for the info who read later...all of these differences in service menu setting are stored at eeprom. and will never change at any of firmware writing or updating.

Comment

Ok, so looks like shopjimmy made a booboo when they said it was a compatible board???

Comment

Working...
                X