Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PS51D6900 Plasma repair

Hello

I really need help repairing my Plasma TV.

2 weeks ago i was watching a movie when i suddenly heard a noise and the screen went out. I could still hear the sound of the movie.
    So i wanted to try and restart my TV but it wouldnt turn back on. It was stuck at a blinking Power LED (5 times).

I did some googling and eventually found out that my Y-Sustain board was broken, because as soon as it was connected i wasn't able to measure a vs voltage.
    Upon inspection i saw a broken cap and replaced it, which didn't work because it still had the same problem afterwards.

So i bought a new Y-sustain board and now the screen turns on but it still shows no picture, so it's all black, and sometimes the screen shuts off for like half a second. (Also whenever i press the menu key are something on my remote).
    I already tried the thing with the testpatterns: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...61&postcount=2

(I didn't have a cable, so i stuck a probe of the multimeter between the pins)
    The screen turnt on but i didn't have any picture again. Now i don't know if that means, that the logic board is defect too or how to go on from here.

Thanks for your help

Re: Samsung PS51D6900 Plasma repair

https://imgur.com/s8QEjEM

Image of TV
    Last edited by Fabimann; 06-18-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Have u checked that voltages from your boards are matching your panel sticker voltage settings for examples
      VS,VA,VSC,VE

Comment

I just measured the voltages:

VS should be 207: is at 207.5
        VA should be 58: is at 58.2
        VE should be 80: is at 102!

And i can't find where i can measure the VSC voltage

Comment

Ummm, im kind of ashamed to say, that i forgot to connect a cable on the Y-sustain board :/
          Now my TV is showing a picture again.
          But the voltage is still way too high!

Comment

There's an adjustment pot for Ve on the zsus. Post a pic of the board if you can't find it.

Are you sure you're placing your probes correctly? Usually ACROSS a resistor...

Comment

Hello, i have one am working on at the moment, when i connect the flat cable from the logic board to ysus, the tv will show smart and display channel and go off i will hear the relay click and shutdown at the same time will restart , but if i take the flat cable off the voltage will stand.

Comment

Your Logic Bd. may be faulty.

Comment

Working...
                X