Hanspree 37" lcd blue picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanspree 37" lcd blue picture

hi all, i havent had time to look at this one yet, but i thought id put it up to see your thoughts on this one, as you can see the picture is blue saturated, everything else works ok and the menu is not effected by the blue (normal colours)

any ideas? is it more likely to be main board or the t-con?

i know its hard to say without me opening it up but i havent got the space at the moment
    Attached Files

Re: Hanspree 37" lcd blue picture

The T-con can't differentiate the menu and the image*, so it's a problem with the main.

*one exception on a Samsung LCD I serviced; it masked the menu out when the Motion Plus feature was turned on. But unless the TV has a 100 Hz motion processor... I doubt it's important.

The distortion looks more like a lack of red. Hence the blue-green tint. Test it using a computer with some colour bars, like the attached.

On all inputs, composite video and component, HDMI, VGA...?

Where do you get all your TVs ?
    Attached Files
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

mainly from around the area, friends, ebay, gumtree, its more of a hobby than anything else, i like fixing electronics, this forums been a really good learning site, im still trying to find my feet with what does what for faults etc

ive got the 42" plasma and a 32" to fix, then ill be onto the 37", but i have also got a 26" and a 19" so house is starting to get a bit full.....the mrs is not too happy!

should get onto this one at the weekend if my bits come for the other 2 first

Comment

LCD fixed.....new main board.....fault was only on HDMI not through Freeview, so order 2nd hand main board and its up and working as it should now

cant thank you enough tom for your advice on all my topics

Comment

Working...
        X