Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodmans 42" Plasma standby to green but no pic - help me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goodmans 42" Plasma standby to green but no pic - help me!!

checked all voltages again on the test points without X and Y

t-VS - 1.5v
    t-VS DRV - 118v
    t-VE - 0v
    t-VA - 71v
    t-VSB - 5.3v
    t-VCC - 15v
    3.3v - 3.3v
    5v - 5.3v
    t-DC-VCC = -58V

picture 1 is the VS i think and Picture 2 is the VE part, not 100% but thats where the test points are and VS and VE are written there

which one is the start up cap? on the first pic is it the little cap or the blue poly?

and that bulging one can be pressed
    Attached Files

Comment

Could be any one of those tiny caps on the primary side... including the SMD ones. Is there a chip on that stand up board? If so, what is the part # on it? Then we can locate the startup cap.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi mate, numbers are

IR2117
        UC3715N
        THERE ALL ON THAT LITTLE BOARD

there is 2 small 22uf 63v caps near that board would these be the start up caps or am i looking at the wrong thing?

Comment

Possibly. Can't be certain without a schematic. I say shotgun-replace them all, but don't invest too much money in this set. They're worth only £50-60 fixed.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ive replaced them 2, tell me about it..... think at the most £20 on caps and i should have enough to last me on other jobs so might just replace them all and see what happens.....lol

then scrap it if i cant fix it....or sell the bits!

Comment

all caps comes to £35, so plus the £18 for the tv is £53 so its not really worth doing without me being able to pin point the fault i know its the VS side but cant find anything, might just put it on ebay as not working and see if i can get my money back for it

Comment

Working...
              X