Samsung PS50a410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PS50a410

a thermistor maybe? do those diodes test ok next to it?

Comment

Inrush limiting thermistor. Almost any ~10A capable device will be fine to replace it. It's quite likely that the NTC acted as a fuse there and isn't the cause of the fault - I suspect a controller IC somewhere has been "wounded" and is malfunctioning.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

A non linear resistor is the closes symbol match I can find. I have packed up for the evening so I'll do some measurements tomorrow.

Edit: Ok yes I am an idiot, and a thermistor is a non linear resistor.
        Last edited by nickdablack; 05-18-2012, 03:24 AM.

Comment

OK so its an NTC. Now to work out the Value.
          SCK20206LSY

Comment

SCK - Brand
            20 - 20mm
            206 - 206ohm
            L - 15% tollerance
            S - Straight Lead
            Y - RoHS & HF Compliant

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              Inrush limiting thermistor. Almost any ~10A capable device will be fine to replace it. It's quite likely that the NTC acted as a fuse there and isn't the cause of the fault - I suspect a controller IC somewhere has been "wounded" and is malfunctioning.
              Ok now to find the malfunctioning IC. Am I going to need an oscilloscope?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                a thermistor maybe? do those diodes test ok next to it?
                Excellent call. DB803 had split in half. Not too sure how I missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by nickdablack View Post
                  Ok now to find the malfunctioning IC. Am I going to need an oscilloscope?
                  I'd say only the IC attached to the PFC FET you replaced needs replacing.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

OK my new shopping list is:
                    Replace IC - UCC28060
                    Replace Diode - 1N4007S
                    Replace Thermistor - SCK20206LSY

Comment

Where is DB803 on the board?

Comment

Where is DB803 on the board?
                        Its in the correct area. Looking at the original photo I didn't see it had cracked. Oh well that's an easy fix. Still think I need to replace the IC? (as much as i love surface mount soldering)
                        Attached Files

Comment

By it's position, I'm guessing it would be better replaced by a UF4007 because it's going to be involved in the switching part and needs to be fast. 1N4007's are really slow parts - fine for rectifying mains but not much more!

I'm not certain about the IC.

When you replaced the fet...
                          1.) what replacement did you use?
                          2.) did you re-apply thermal paste?
                          3.) did the TV display anything sensible?
                          Last edited by tom66; 05-19-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

When you replaced the fet...
                            1.) what replacement did you use?
                            2.) did you re-apply thermal paste?
                            3.) did the TV display anything sensible?
                            1) I sourced the same fet.
                            2) The Fet didn't have thermal paste, just thermal pad.
                            3) The tv displayed static, but I did not have an antenna in. I presume it was on analog input.

I am also struggling to find a suitable replacement thermistor. I'm looking at www.jaycar.com.au (the only shop open today).
                            Cant find a 10A thermistor. Is a lower amp just going to blow again?
                            Last edited by nickdablack; 05-19-2012, 05:17 PM. Reason: extra info.

Comment

Ah, okay - hmm. Strange that it would just blow like that.

As a precaution, it may be a good idea to replace the 450V capacitors on the primary as it has been seen that these can kill the PFC fets if they go bad. (Maybe the burn mark did more than damage the label of the cap.)

For the NTC... you might be able to use a 3-5 amp device as this unit would probably pull less from a 240V AC input.

Comment

Sounds good. I'll have to go back to farnels. The other guys dont cary all of those items.

Comment

For the NTC... you might be able to use a 3-5 amp device as this unit would probably pull less from a 240V AC input.
                                  Hows this?
                                  http://au.element14.com/jsp/search/p...sp?sku=9008187

Comment

It says in the datasheet

Maximum Capacitance @ 240 VAC: 2,170 µf

So I think you'll be fine.

Comment

Thanks again. Parts ordered. Round 2 later this week.

Comment

Thought I would be thorough before firing it up again. found a short across pins 1 and 3 of DP802. I wish I saw that before I ordered parts. Oh well off shopping I go again.

Comment

Originally posted by nickdablack View Post
                                          Thought I would be thorough before firing it up again. found a short across pins 1 and 3 of DP802. I wish I saw that before I ordered parts. Oh well off shopping I go again.
                                          Where is DP802 on the PSU? Seems like that FET took out a few other things with it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X