A DVD player you should avoid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A DVD player you should avoid...

At one time, I bought a Panasonic DVD-S35 DVD player from a junkyard. I found something wrong was with the power supply, but I fixed it. The real problem was that the loader tray would not move.
    In this model (and its related conterparts), there were two motors on the loader assembly, one of them serving two functions (the transverse motor), which controlled both the tray and the optical assembly slider. Typically, loader assemblies have three motors; one each for the tray, optical assembly slider, and spindle motor.

I think some sort of mechanical problem (which I could not find) has caused a "H-01" error (Tray loading error). Also, I saw a DVD player of the same model on eBay with the same "H-01" error.

Should we avoid this particular model (and its related conuterparts) of DVD player?
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: A DVD player you should avoid...

Test the motor if it's good (disconnect from the controller and use 3V power supply) - this also tests the mechanics - maybe it just needs some grease.

Comment

The motor is OK, but the mechanics for this motor to operate the tray and the optical assembly slider are somewhat complicated, even though there are no obstructions.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

no, a DVD player that you should avoid is those stupid KOSS 5-disc surround models. those are the biggest POS machines i have ever seen. firmware corruption and controller failure left and right.

Comment

Working...
        X