Vizio M420SL Backlight Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio M420SL Backlight Issue

Just picked up this unit the previous owner said one day he turned it on and he didn't get any video but he had sound. When I plugged it in it had audio and video (pic 1). After about 10-15 mins the backlights went out, the flashlight test shows a picture still running in the background. I disassembled the unit and tested the lights with my backlight tester seems to be just one strip of lights running down the left side of the screen. Each section of the strip I tested showed no sign of an individual led being out. So my question is does it sound like a led or power supply issue or could it still be the Led strip?
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio M420SL Backlight Issue

Turn the backlights NOT brightness down and see if you get longer times before they go out.

Comment

NoMore is suggesting changing the load on the backlight power supply by demanding less to see if the power supply will totter on for a while longer with less demand.
      If there are no shorts in the diodes, the supply is likely the problem area. You could measure the amps required by the strings to see if they are more than nominal.
      tom

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I will put it back together and post the results.

Comment

Working...
        X