Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung BN44-00878A Power Supply Removal

Hello All,

Thanks for assisting, I made sure to check the forums first before posting and was unable to find any answers. Hopefully I didn't miss something.

I have a Samsung UN55KS8000FXZA that has the Samsung BN44-00878A Power Supply board. I have looked everywhere and have been unable to find any idea on how to remove the board from the frame.

The board itself has no screws in it, only small "lock" holes with white arrows on then (in the picture there is nothing in the holes) and what look to be aluminium tabs, but when I was trying to slide the tabs and remove the board, the board itself started to bow. It feels pretty darn stuck, is this board glued in?

I don't want to damage the board, in case the replacement board goes out and I need it. Can anyone tell me how to remove this board?

Re: Samsung BN44-00878A Power Supply Removal

I believe there are two screws in the power inlet, did you remove them? attach a picture
    Last edited by R_J; 02-04-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

make sure there are no screws as suggested. lift slightly on the board with a finger where it says lock and shift board in the opposite direction of the lock. Usually to the left I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jjanssen7 View Post
        make sure there are no screws as suggested. lift slightly on the board with a finger where it says lock and shift board in the opposite direction of the lock. Usually to the left I think.
        To the right when the power supply is on the right side after opening the TV.

@SomeoneLooking4Help, keep in mind to discharge the power supply before you touch the primairy part of the power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          I believe there are two screws in the power inlet, did you remove them? attach a picture
          I removed those when I was first attempting to dislodge the board (before cutting the infamous JP854) and it wouldn't budge. I was only pulling up on the board though, not moving the locks out like suggested so I can try that.

Comment

Originally posted by jjanssen7 View Post
            To the left sounds about right, I did remove the screws and still found ti to be pretty well secured but I didn't try pushing it to the side. I can try that next.

Comment

If you go to shopjimmy you can have a look at the board when it is removed, If I remember It slides to the right to be removed.
              Last edited by R_J; 02-05-2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
                To the right when the power supply is on the right side after opening the TV.

@SomeoneLooking4Help, keep in mind to discharge the power supply before you touch the primairy part of the power supply.
                Thanks William, I will definitely try this. I also have my field service kit ground wire attached but I will discharge before I try removing it again.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                  If you go to shopjimmy you can have a look at the board when it is removed, If I remember It slides to the right to be removed.
                  I did check out the shopjimmy pics but it only shows the board removed but so far everyone has given me some great info to try. I Will get the new board on Friday and will update you all, thanks!

Comment

I recall it slides out opposite to the directional arrow (for installation). Clips by the AC plug could pop out but are easily reinserted.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
                      I recall it slides out opposite to the directional arrow (for installation). Clips by the AC plug could pop out but are easily reinserted.
                      Hello and thank you, thank you to everyone in fact. I was able to remove the power plug screws and then gently lift the "lock" areas up, which allowed me to slide the entire board to the left and remove it.

After replacing the whole board, I am STILL having the issue with the flickering. I don't know what else to do, perhaps replacing the main board? I will open a different post, as this is now a totally different issue.

The TV i 2 years old, just old enough to be out of warranty and just young enough to not need to be replaced.

Thank you all for your assistance!

Comment

Try turning the backlights down NOT brightness, see if there's any change.

Comment

Working...
                        X