• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lg 60PK550 Problem

Originally posted by rinoronie View Post
    Anymore same problem
    why?

I replace this two times

Can I replace the transistor FQPF 16N25C?

Can I replace the three capacitors?

Last edited by rinoronie; 07-07-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

You used the wrong resistor, you need to use a pulse rated one.
      Last edited by tom66; 07-07-2014, 01:06 PM.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I don't understand
        What is pulse rated?

What should I buy?
        http://it.rs-online.com/web/p/resist...sante/1997703/
        or
        http://it.rs-online.com/web/p/resist...sante/6252437/

Thanks
        Last edited by rinoronie; 07-07-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

I would like to mention I have a 60pk200 that was stuck in stby. I replace the voltage regulator and the the sr104 diode next to it. This corrected all voltages going to the ymain and the zmain. On the main board, if i use a heat gut and warm the chip in the center, the tv comes to life. I have also had one that need the chip on the tcon board heated in order to fire the panel up. I hope this may be of some help to anyone fighting the nasty stby problem.

Comment

I have the same issue in this thread but it seems that after the tv was trashed there was no conclusion to the thread. I have a 60PK550 that turns on intermittently, and by turns on I have no screen but all voltages check out except for VZB on the Zsus board, the value off of the resistor is 15V instead of 105v. If I can get it to turn on again I'll get a value when it works. I tried disconnecting the main board from the controller and placing the jumper to get a test pattern but still get nothing on the screen. I am suspecting the controller board right now. Any thoughts?

Comment

I had same fault with a 60PK550.

I checked resistor R929 as stated by rinoronie. It was open circuit.

I changed it, TV is now working perfectly.

Thanks, rinoronie.

Comment

I had previously checked R929 and found to be good, I'm glad that worked for you. Replacing the control board w a $25 replacement from EBay did the trick for me. Good to see another update on this thread, I plan on keeping this TV running for as long as I can.

Dan

Comment

I have a 60PK540 LG plasma that is doing the relay clicking thing too. I just checked the R929 resistor and it's bad. It has 5WJ10(ohm) and FU078WW printed on it. Does anyone know a source or equivalent for a replacement? I don't see anything on Digikey or Allied's site. Thanks

Comment

I have done a lot of reading about the problem of TV turning on and then turning off with the clicking relay etc. and in my case with LG60px950 and power supply EAY60968901, replacing R297 did the trick. As everyone else has stated, there are 3 ceramic resistors at that end of the board and I simply metered each of them while in place and on the board and two of them registered 10 ohms and the third measured "zero" which indicated an "open". Once you get that far, you will then realize that getting the exact replacement resistor is a bit of the problem here in the United States. So I went on Ebay and found some in the UK or China....both of which would have meant probably waiting about 2 weeks....not a good thing! On top of that there was no way to know for sure that this would be the 100% fix...so waiting for the part was not an option for me. I looked at the trace on the back of the circuit board carefully and realized that the three resistors were wired in series. While I normally would not recommend putting in a resistor with a higher rated wattage, in this case and since they were wired in series, putting in a 10 watt instead of a 5 watt would have no bearing because if there was a problem, one of the other two good resistors would presumably blow since they are wired in series. The 10 ohms matter however, is critical. As it turns out, Radio Shack sells a 10 watt 10 ohm ceramic AXIAL resistor in a 2 pack for $2.49. I wired one of these in place (a bit awkward because of the much bigger size of the resistor and also because it is axial type and not radial........see picture below and how I did it) and as luck would have it, that was the quick fix and that did the trick. So at least for now I know I have the problem licked and my TV is working perfectly. I still ordered the right part (5WJ10 ceramic resistor) but at least I am back in business while waiting for the right part to come in.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Everyone at Badcaps and thanks for a great forum,

I have a LG 60PK550 with no picture, I traced the fault to Vy or Vsc both being less than 20 volts. This is the same with Y Buffers disconnected, I have ordered a replacement Y Sustain board which will take another week to get to me. Yesterday I bought a dead 60PX950 which I think has a main board failure for $5. As it has the same Y Sus I swapped it but still no picture it had good Vy & Vsc in the other set, but not since swapping. So I changed the buffer boards and the TV started working perfectly.

Then I thought I would be clever and put the original Y Sus back, no picture and Vy & Vsc are under 20V again. So then I swapped back the Y Sus and still no picture and can't get it working again.

After doing some more research I found 1 of the original buffer outputs is shorted to ground but no outputs are short on the buffers I put in and had it working. I suspect the original y Sus has taken out the buffers, with the new Y Sus & new buffers there is low Vy & Vsc however with the buffers disconnected from the Y Sus I get normal Vy & Vsc.

Can anyone help with how to check the inputs on the Y Buffer boards?

Comment

old y-sus killed good buffers.

you need to replace buffers now with good.
                        TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                        http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                        PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Yes I know I stuffed up, not happy with myself about that.

Comment

Hi everyone
                            Had to come back from a long hiatus needing help with 60pk550 TV. Had a quick check no obvious diode shorted, all caps appear ok, checked the 3 ceramic resistors...measured 10 ohm @. double Clicking coming from one of the relays has a period of 1 to 2 sec. Disconnected main board / video processor board from the PS the relays only click once. Has anyone got a circuit for this TV?
                            Last edited by jumba; 12-15-2016, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I had one of these come to me with the clicking/no start problem. I checked the 3 10 ohm resistors and sure as shit one was measuring 275 k ohms. When removed from board it measures open in continuity mode. I found one in my junk bucket, replaced it, and the tv is back to working order.

Comment

guys really hoping someone can please help! My LG 60PK590 plasma TV started turning itself off after being on for only around 10 minutes but now it just won't turn back on and the red standby power light just remains permamently on. I left it powered off at the mains overnight and tried turning it back on today and got the 2 relay clicks which used to mean that it was turning on ok but then got another 2 immediate relay clicks straight afterwards and the TV never started up. The TV is completely unresponsive to the remote and the only way to try to get it to fire up is to leave it powered off for many hours. As it's been a few years now since this problem has been identified is there any definate 'fix' for this issue? I'm housebound and don't have full use of my hands otherwise I'd have a go at replacing the caps that most people seem to say is causing the issue. I'm lost without my TV and rely upon it so really hoping that some kind sould out there can tell me what I need to get it fixed and if anyone has any links too then that would be hugely appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and hope someone could kindly help me out with some helpful info. Thanks in advance

Comment

• ajshoe
                                  ajshoe commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  just got 60PK540 - same symptoms. check PWB - had bad C360 and C361 (3300uF, 10V). easy fix, set works perfectly now
                              Working...
                              X