Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 17mb82-2 Firmware ???

Originally posted by gorekhaa View Post
    Hi, could you do anything further with the code of the LCD?
    Thanks again.
    no, sometimes you can find the firmware easier with the details from the lcd sticker but i cant find any regarding your last post about non working hdmi etc i would try and find a replacement mainboard as i doubt firmware will fix the issues your having.ducky29 has offered to locate the correct firmware its up to you if you want too try that first.
    Last edited by vinceroger69; 09-19-2018, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
      no, sometimes you can find the firmware easier with the details from the lcd sticker but i cant find any regarding your last post about non working hdmi etc i would try and find a replacement mainboard as i doubt firmware will fix the issues your having.ducky29 has offered to locate the correct firmware its up to you if you want too try that first.
      Ok thank you for the quick reply and advice.

I've tested the PC, it works fine.
      About the TV what do you think of my suggestion for an "hotel mode" issue, I know that sometimes when a device is in this mode, only 1 HDMI port is usable (usually with a "box" plugged with HDCP in automatic mode for paid channels, VOD etc...)?
      That was my first thought when audio volume decreased drasticly and that's why I'm desperately trying to find the service manual for the 17MB822, in order to test that hypothesis...

Comment

maybe re loading the correct firmware would reset the whole tv? so would not be hotel mode?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
          maybe re loading the correct firmware would reset the whole tv? so would not be hotel mode?
          Exactly what I'm thinking too, but I would prefer to use the service code to do that.
          Impossible to find the service manual or any cheat code anywhere even on the vestel's techies site.
          The hotline number I got was wrong and there is NO CONTACT on the paper user's manual which seems like a joke to me (1 page!!!).

If they charge with a fee for the integral firmware I would be ok to pay for it but only if I'm sure that the version/revision of the firmware correctly fits my device (by barcodes) because this TV is still usable as unique device for the home so I don't want to brick it...

Here is a capture of the main screen from the service menu of the tv in case of any need.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

some news after cleaning/checking (& shaking...) all connections onboard:
            - HDMI 1 still unstable with various devices (but not with the box from my ISP so that's great!)
            - HDMI 2 still dead with all tested devices
            - VGA port back to life (?)
            So this TV is still usable as monitor in 1920x1080x60 (the PC reports the freq as 59Hz) but I must use automatic PC position after each boot in order to have the screen fitting the LCD panel.
            I will wait a more definitive problem before trying a complete firmware upgrade/restoration...

Thank you for all your advices, I'll be back here often because I've learned so much from this board and I can't stop reading.

It's always a pleasure!

Ps,
            I still need the maintenance guide for the 17MB822 if someone could care about that I would really appreciate.

Once more thank you all anyway!
            Last edited by gorekhaa; 10-03-2018, 03:49 AM. Reason: PS

Comment

Working...
            X