UN65KS8500 Random Reboots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN65KS8500 Random Reboots

As they say, "This time, it's personal!"...

I have a 65" 4K on my wall at home.. Well, technically it's now on my workbench at my shop, but.....

Anyways, it's had an issue for as long as I have had it..

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70008

Minor though.. Blemish at the top of the display..

But for the last couple weeks, it's been doing random reboots.. The screen will go dark and then will reboot.. It came to a head on Sunday right before the JAGS/PATS game.. Fortunately, I had brought home a 55" from my shop so I was able to enjoy the Jags stomping the ever-lovin' CRAP out of the Pats...

But I digest...

I remember having a similar problem with a Samsung a while back.. Random reboots... It turned out THAT problem was caused by 2 burnt wires at the Power PCB connector on the cable that runs between the Power PCB and the Main Video Board.. In that fix, soldering the wires directly to the Power PCB fixed it.. I have seen that on a couple Sammys since then..

Unfortunately, it's not such an easy fix.. The wires and connectors look fine, no burnt or heat marks anywhere..

I am thinking replacing the Main Video Board might fix the issue, but wanted to see if there was anything else out there, possibility wise...

Thanx in advance..

Re: UN65KS8500 Random Reboots

Update...

This is the kind of TV that has the ONE CONNECT tuner/port box...

In the midst of several reboots, I pulled the box out of the equation and there has been no reboot since (15 mins +/-)...

Could the OC box in and of itself, cause the problem??

Comment

Is this an OLED Samsung TV and oes it have a LEFT and RIGHT PSUs? Also does it carry an EL Bd. that sends power to the Panel?

Comment

Nope, just a single PSU..

Not sure what you mean by EL Bd., but there is only the PSU and the main video board..

I'll get some pics as soon as my phone gets here..

Thanx for the reply...

Comment

Comment

Did a reflow on the Main Video board and used the Aoyue on the GPU...

For the last hour, I haven't seen a reboot..

Hopefully, it's fixed {knock on wood}...

Comment

Just a followup on this..

Apparently, the reflow worked... Haven't had a single reboot in the days since I did it..

Thanx for the replies...

Comment

Working...
              X