LG 60PK750-UA - 60" Plasma No Picture/Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PK750-UA - 60" Plasma No Picture/Sound

Hey guys! You all helped me out in the past with fixing another LG TV. Well I was given an LG 60PK750-UA 60" Plasma TV that is having issues.

When you turn the TV on, the power light turns from red to white like it normally does. I can also slightly see like the display is going to turn on (like the back light?) but I never get any sort of picture/sound. I also hear a "Click". However then it eventually like turns itself off being the power light then turns back to red.

Should I assume the a power supply or main board? Not sure if there is something that commonly goes on this exact model.

Re: LG 60PK750-UA - 60" Plasma No Picture/Sound

Pictures of the boards.
    Do you have a digital meter?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
      Pictures of the boards.
      I took pictures of the boards and I will upload those later. Also yes I do own a digital meter as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
        Pictures of the boards.
        Hello Hamie. I became distracted however I have uploaded the pictures. You can click the link below and it will take you to the pictures I took. Thanks!

http://s230.photobucket.com/user/Gef...library/LG60TV

Comment

Ok you need to check voltages.

VS and VA are located on the power supply.
          VSC and -VY are located on the Y-sustain (board to the left of the powersupply)
          Z-bias is locate on the z-sus (board located to the right of the powersupply)

They should match the voltages on your panel sticker. Like this:

Comment

-VY and VSC if there are no test points are sometimes measured across a resistor, but they should be labelled.

Comment

Hamie thanks for the reply. It maybe a few days till I get to testing the voltages. Being I currently don't have the TV in front of me at the moment. However once I do, I will record my results and get back to you. Thank you!

Comment

Start your own separate thread KISHAN then perhaps someone will answer. As it is, you're piggy backing on someone else's thread and that is not nice or may be considered rude in some quarters.

Comment

You can self-test the PSU Board by first disconnecting the PSU from the Main Board:
                  Step 1: On the P813 connector, connect Pin 10 (GND) to Pin 18 (Auto GND) with a piece of wire.
                  Step 2: Using a 100ohm resistor connect across Pin 13 (STBY 5V) and Pin 15 (RL ON)
                  Step 3: Using another 100ohm resistor connect across Pin 14 (STDBY 5V) and Pin 17 (M5 ON)
                  Step 4: Connect two (2) 120vAC 60W bulbs in series. On the P812 connector, connect the two (2) resulting ends of wire from bulbs across Pin 1 or 2 and Pin 4, 5 or 8.
                  Step 5: Plug-in PSU Board to 120Vac.
                  Bulbs should glow bright.
                  Step 6: Measure Vdc across Pin 1 and Pin 8. If PSU working should read 192Vdc on DMM.

Comment

I've the exact same problem, with this same model.
                    Have you managed to work out a solution?

I bought mine exactly 4 years ago today :-(

Comment

Hey everyone. I was supposed to get the TV from the owner to finish inspecting it and try to diagnose the issue. However he wound up changing his mind and trashed the TV vs having me look it over. Thanks everyone for the input. I honestly wonder if it would have been an easy repair or not. This post can be closed.

Comment

Hello everyone one. I have the same model and I was watching tv and all the sudden my image went out and it sounded like demons were speaking out of my tv. The tv turns on and off but I can get any image. Can someone help me?

Comment

You said you can turn the TV on and off. What exactly does that mean? Do you mean then have audio but no picture? You are able to manipulate the Menu to change the inputs? OR are you just hearing a 'click' when the power button is pressed and then another 'click' a while after?

Did you accidentally double post on another thread? Why not open your own thread to make it easier?
                          Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 09-19-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X