Biostar with all solid caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biostar with all solid caps

I just bought a biostar Tpower N750, and it has all solid capacitors! Its nice. Didn't see what type of caps they are, but they are all solid capacitors, and I have had no problems with it running a 125W A64x2 5000+, with 2 2gb DDR2800 and a 8600GT.

Re: Biostar with all solid caps

nice find... I thought Biostar products quality was as bad as pcchips. I guess I was wrong.

Comment

Just because they use solid caps doesn't mean the rest of the board will last... You never do know, though. I've also had PCChips boards last a while
      Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

I don't know, i've read a lot of reviews, a lot of people rate the T-series biostar boards with Asus's and such.

As for questionable quality motherboards that seem to last, My old ECS rs482-m754 has all OST caps, and it is still running strong after 3 years, thats now in my other computer, replaced by the biostar. And, my quantex QP5 pentium board has a old p1 biostar board in it, Hitano caps, still runs just fine. Even has a temp sensor for the processor (located under the processor.)
        Last edited by 370forlife; 09-17-2008, 04:45 PM.

Comment

But we all know the importance of maintaining the pc case clean and well ventilated. Most PC users don't. Things get even harder when the user chooses looks over ease of maintenance, and locates the case on the floor, with the ventilation openings against the wall. I think here is where the solid caps would help. I didn't bother to read the specs yet, but I have here an intel i945 socket 478 motherboard with five vented electrolytic caps and five solid caps, all on the cpu vrm. The owner complained it was extremely slow, but the damned thing didn't hang up even once. I didn't realize what the problem was until I opened the case and saw the mess inside. The cpu heat sink was full of dust bunnies. It must have been quite hot, and the caps were less than a centimeter away.
          So my point is it seems solid caps can stand much more abuse (or neglect) from the user.

Comment

Notwithstanding the poor reputation that Biostar has had in the past, my experience with both my (recapped) Biostar M6VLA Socket-370 boards has been exemplary - they're both bulletproof. One is in use as a Linux router, with uptime measured in months (now something like 9 months). My guess is that the bad rep was entirely due to bad caps, and recapped Biostars are rock-solid - just make sure that you give them clean ATX power, and don't use the AT power-supply connector.

Comment

Nice to know linuxguru.
              I've been looking past Biostar boards even when they have what I want on them.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
              - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
              -
              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
              -

Comment

Working...
              X