LG plasma 42PC1DA Half left screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG plasma 42PC1DA Half left screen

Hello, I need your technical assistance.
    I have a LG plasma TV 42PC1DA defective.
    Symptom: No picture on the left side of the screen, right side picture perfect.
    What I did, replaced the control board & the XR board.
    Replaced the cables. Checked the DC supply, +5 V and Va on the XR board, correct voltage, checked fuses. Same problem.
    Is it possible that the main board is faulty?
    Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: LG plasma 42PC1DA Half left screen

Reseat the cable for the XL buffer.

Or replace the XL buffer.

Does your TV suffer from the dreaded "sparkles" problem? (Flickering green, red and sometimes blue pixels in the corners of the screen, visible in darker portions.)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hello, on the front left side, half the screen in dim light, with red sparkling, but more in the center bottom. Sparkling also appears on the right side of the screen.
      At the back of the TV, the XR board is on the right side.
      Attached Files

Comment

The sparkling is an unrelated symptom, but it will get worse over time. LG released a software patch for the control board to fix this problem but it requires someone with the right control jig (expensive.) I think there is a member on these forums who does program these boards for a small fee.

I think the problem is more likely to be XL because it's on the left hand side of the screen, but I'm not sure if the labelling is from the back or the front of the TV. Either way, consider replacing the X buffer for the failed side of the screen.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have already replaced X board, labeling XR for the left side.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Cailloux View Post
            I have already replaced X board, labeling XR for the left side.
            Thanks
            Check the control cable from the buffer to the control board is correctly seated.

Comment

Problem solved. Faulty screen, right side (rear view), burn spot on all COF (chip on flexible cable).
              I do not know the reason, the circuit XR is in good condition, nothing to suspect.

Comment

Possibly a failure in the XR board damaged the panel COFs. It is sad that the COF are not replaceable and failures condemn the panel.

Comment

Fortunately I had a TV 42PC3D, plasma screen is the same as 42PC1DA. So I transferred all the boards on the other screen.

Comment

What did you do with the old plasma panel? There's a guy on YouTube who blows up bad panels with a microwave transformer. Work of art until the panel cracks!

Comment

Working...
                    X