Viore Plasma Model PDP42V18HA Year 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viore Plasma Model PDP42V18HA Year 2006

Okay, TV wouldn't power on at all found a cap that was done for replaced it, now the power supply will come on with a clicking sound around

C105
    C106

Now that the power supply was coming on, the z sus board has a bad fuse in it replaced it now the power supply comes on for about 4 secs then powers down all the way, Fuse doesn't blow or anything. if i unhook the z sus board the power supply powers up and stays on.

Now, D507 Diode is around that area where that connector is and it has current going both ways. Clicking in the power supply still remains.
    Attached Files

Re: Viore Plasma Model PDP42V18HA Year 2006

The Z-sustain is your problem - but the clicking is probably caused by a failed AC detect circuit (VERY common with LG).

Check the AC detect pin on the connector. (Might be labelled ACD.)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ACD comes up as .336v also noticed that when it Powers up and powers down the speakers has a slight pop in it.
      Last edited by Vizor; 03-19-2012, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Do you get any sound if you plug an external source into the TV and select the source? (You'll have to do this blindly, pressing INPUT until you hear sound, if it's working. Make sure to plug in the video cable too as most TVs won't make sound without a video signal.)

With an unplugged Z-sustain you should still get a picture, it will just be dim, usually purple/lilac and slow to update.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Well, this is what i got with the z-sustain unhooked. is that diode by the Z-sus connection bad or are they suppose to be Open like that? also noticed that pressing input didn't change the display 40% of the time.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vizor View Post
            Well, this is what i got with the z-sustain unhooked. is that diode by the Z-sus connection bad or are they suppose to be Open like that? also noticed that pressing input didn't change the display 40% of the time.
            Yep, that's a classic Z-sustain failure.

The most likely problem is the IPM, not the diode. If you check the resistance from either end of the fuse to the metal case (with board & power unplugged) what do you read?

Comment

Diode Right way .433
              Wrong way .935 then nothing.

Comment

Could that Diode be bad?

Comment

Okay, so long as i don't hook the power supply up to the z-sustain board it stays on. both the power supply and z-sustain stay on.

Comment

Originally posted by Vizor View Post
                    Okay, so long as i don't hook the power supply up to the z-sustain board it stays on. both the power supply and z-sustain stay on.

After messing with the TV once again when my cable went off tonight i check the voltages while the tv was on and the z-sustain board was disconnected.

i don't know if those voltages are within range or not but here they are..

VS / 184.0V
                    VA / 59.7V

Also even with the Z-sustain unhooked, i have to press vol bots and input over and over to even get a slight picture on any part of the screen.

Comment

LG 6871QZH956A ZSUS Board has been ordered from shopjimmy should know more Wednesday!

Comment

zsus board came today and put that sucker in and the tv just Lit up like nothing had happened thanks for the help.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Not sure whether I should start a new thread, but a co-worker just brought me an identical set/model with the exact same symptom. I unplugged the Z-sus board and flipped through the menu and inputs. With the Z-sus disconnected, I get partial images. Rather troubleshoot the board before committing to buying one. I know nothing about Z-sus boards and would appreciate a few pointers on where to start looking (voltage regulators, bad smd caps, etc.). Checking the ESR on the electrolytic caps now but hope that someone will have experience with this particular board (687O0ZH004B).

Comment

Working...
                          X