Old Nokia DC connector dimensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Nokia DC connector dimensions?

What's the actual size of the charging connector on the old phones like 33x0? Appears to be something like 3.5x0.7 mm. Anybody knows the exact size? Do some shops have those tips?
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Old Nokia DC connector dimensions?

3.5mm on the old 3310 .
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Modern-Un...K/323244902888
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I see no usable information or anything under that link.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Nokia seems to have multiple small barrel connectors for power. The one I have uses the really small one, like 2mm.

Surprisingly wikipedia has some information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coaxial_power_connector

Comment

Yeah the tiny one is used for newer phones, mostly the cheap ones with color displays. The 3,5mm on the other hand was used in 90s and early 2000s for all the monochrome models.

Interesting, would not expect that on wiki Seems to be the one with 0.9 inside. Now where the heck to get that? Mouser has some 1.0mm but their prices are somewhat insane.
          Last edited by Behemot; 05-12-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
            I see no usable information or anything under that link.
            I guess you didn`t see the last picture,it lists the nokia phone models for the 3.5mm and 2mm jacks.

here`s some info about the 2mm jack,Check pages 18 and 19 https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...2abc66373c.pdf
            Attached Files
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

No dimensions there!

I wasn't asking 'bout the 2mm connector, was I?

Comment

I wish I found that document about the 2mm charger almost a decade ago...I destroyed the PMIC of a phone because of it!

Now I wonder if I should try to solder a new PMIC...

Comment

Working...
                X