Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD32A558 lcd panel failing

Hello

I have had this TV for a long time. The first panel it had started to show vertical lines on the left side of the screen related to the ribbon tabs, althoht the panel started failing after.

We replaced the panel for a used one and after 2 years it's starting to exhibit the same behavior. It's only a thin red line that shows on the left side of the screen, same location

Right now it's only a thin line that disappears after a few seconds. But eventually the line won't disappear and it will bring new friends to the party.

I assume the problem are the ribbon tabs, as usual that are getting damaged or unglued.

I found a guy on another forum who is using thermal gap pads. The problem is that they have to be shipped from the US and I am not there.

Do you have any other solution to solve this issue or how to get these thermal pads?

This is what i saw: https://uselessforums.com/threads/ar...-issues.13670/

Thank you.

Re: LCD32A558 lcd panel failing

I often suspect that panels failings comes after a damaged power supply with high ripple. Check those capacitances.

Comment

Well apparently are the ribbon tabs in this case. Would the capacitors affect on this? If I pres the ribbon tab it comes and goes. I would think it's a heating issue that causes the glue to go away?

Comment

You are referring to the detachable ribbons? Them can't damage anything, if you refer to the glued ribbons, them can fail if the power supply is not well leveled i think. Replace all the capacity on psu or buy aan esr meter to check them.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          I often suspect that panels failings comes after a damaged power supply with high ripple. Check those capacitances.
          It's nothing to do with this.

It's a failure of manufacturing.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by albertocastillo2001 View Post
            Hello

I have had this TV for a long time. The first panel it had started to show vertical lines on the left side of the screen related to the ribbon tabs, althoht the panel started failing after.

We replaced the panel for a used one and after 2 years it's starting to exhibit the same behavior. It's only a thin red line that shows on the left side of the screen, same location

Right now it's only a thin line that disappears after a few seconds. But eventually the line won't disappear and it will bring new friends to the party.

I assume the problem are the ribbon tabs, as usual that are getting damaged or unglued.

I found a guy on another forum who is using thermal gap pads. The problem is that they have to be shipped from the US and I am not there.

Do you have any other solution to solve this issue or how to get these thermal pads?

This is what i saw: https://uselessforums.com/threads/ar...-issues.13670/

Thank you.
            budm has a link to the tab bond thermal pads he used in this thread
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...msung+tab+bond

Comment

Hi, thanks for the answers.
              As far as I know it's not an issue with the caps but I checked them (don't have the tools) but I looked at them and there are no bulged capacitors or whatsoever.

Yes. I saw that link, it's the same one I found in another page. The problem is that I am from Europe and the shipping costs are nuts to just send that to Spain.

So I wonder if there's another way to get them? Another brand maybe that has a distributor in Europe?
              If not maybe anyone willing to send it to me through the cheapest mailing method?

Thanks

Comment

have a look on ebay for thermal pads im sure ive seen them

Comment

I dont trust much the factory defect that pops out only after years, there are 2 scenarios i think, the one i think you describe that is single subpixel width lines, those are much probably a solderinf defect and it can.be done a reflow of the cof but with unglue-glue work. The other is the flat's traces that becomes interrupted due to probably oxidization of little exposed part, or there are some slight arcing in the exposed parts. If it caused or not by a bad signal is only a suspect. Never inspected.

Comment

As far as I know it's not an issue with the caps but I checked them (don't have the tools) but I looked at them and there are no bulged capacitors or whatsoever.

Yes. I saw that link, it's the same one I found in another page. The problem is that I am from Europe and the shipping costs are nuts to just send that to Spain.

So I wonder if there's another way to get them? Another brand maybe that has a distributor in Europe?
                    If not maybe anyone willing to send it to me through the cheapest mailing method?

Thanks
                    https://uk.rs-online.com/web/

Comment

Thanks
                      https://www.ebay.es/sch/i.html?_from...l+pad&_sacat=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...xt=thermal+pad

Comment

Hi, I tried to find there but didn't find any similar one to the one I posted.
                        On here I found these but none of them seems "fat" to stick it in. Any suggestion?

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/hvac-...2070616426&r=f

Thanks

Comment

Thinking better on it, yes , there may be a possibility that factory defects come out after some time, since you see only 1 pixel width lines, the fault is not on the flat but on the chip on flat soldering, putting a pad on it it's a poor solution, the COF is a BGA chip and it needs at least a reflow.. if you find that this is a shitty life then trash it and buy a better brand (not Samsung!), anyway you don't have mentioned the tv brand..
                          Last edited by Davi.p; 09-02-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Hi

Tanks for your reply. It's a Samsung model LE32A558P3F
                            I agree it might no the best solution but it's clearly that this line will bring new friends soon with it as it has happened on the previous panel. Since I have no options for a reflow or resoldering this seemed like a decent solution for some time. Even if it's 2 or 3 more years.

Thanks

Comment

I suggest you a thought, on that Samsug lines the 32" usually had Samsung panels (that sucks as matter of reliability), if you sell it and upgrade to 37" you get AUO panels that are much better reliable (the most of the problems are as15 chips, well replaceable and lasts many years).
                              Last edited by Davi.p; 09-02-2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

This one is an AU Optronics panel..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                                  I suggest you a thought, on that Samsug lines the 32" usually had Samsung panels (that sucks as matter of reliability), if you sell it and upgrade to 37" you get AUO panels that are much better reliable (the most of the problems are as15 chips, well replaceable and lasts many years).
                                  The Samsung 32" panels are pretty good. I've only seen one fail.
                                  40"/46" are bad reliability.
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It's a 32" panel AUO T315HW01 V0

Comment

Ok, so my memories are wrong..

Comment

Maybe AUO panels are good now compared to before, but this one seems just to be the heat which unglued the tabs. This is why I wanted to try the thermal gap pad solution. However the ones that seemed situabl for this were the Digikey ones which are not sold in Europe.

Do you know of others that can be used that fit this purpose? The ones posted on this thread seem to be slimmer and might not cover the entire frame while disipating heat.

Comment

Working...
                                        X