This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I found out about this site from AVSForum. Good to be part of the community here!

Comment

Hi from Denmark!

I located this forum while searching for a solution to the flickering and blackout problems of the 24" Apple LED Cinema Display. I haven't found a fix yet, but it seems to be a good forums to be a part of.

All the Best,
      Tom

Comment

Howdy everyone from a Texas native in Georgia. My name is Calvin and I found out about this forum from research on repairing some panels.

Thanks for having me!

Comment

Just joined....hello to everyone. Looking forward to contributing. Thanks!!

Comment

Hi there, my name is Marcus. I live in England. I decided to join this forum while looking for information (equivalent series resistance info) relating to capacitors within a Samsung SyncMaster 940n monitor.

I've been working with computers (building them etc) for over twelve years, and I've just recently decided to move onto the individual electrical components side of things. I've always been curious about what all of the electrical components on circuit boards actually do. I've finished reading my first Electronics book and I am now onto my second.

I pretty much rely on computers for everything I do. Seen as things are not 100% certain with regard to the economy here in the UK, I thought it would be a good idea to learn how to repair Electronics and hopefully save some money if I get into a tight squeeze. I thought it would be a good idea to join this forum and thereby draw upon the experience of others to make sure that I don't blow anything up!

I am sure I will have many questions (capacitor related and otherwise) in time to come.

Comment

Hey everyone! From Frisco Texas here! Looking forward to learning here!

Comment

Hi from Spain, here an autolearner with a lot of things to repair.

Comment

Hello everybody i am John , i live in lovely Greece , i am an ATSEP (Air Traffic Controller Electronic engineer) and i register to this forum mainly to talk with EE from all over the world.

Comment

Hi everyone.
                    I am a self employed computer and electronics engineer with 30 years overall experience.
                    I love learning new techniques and diagnosing problems with both computers and electronics. I am currently restoring a 1970's pinball machine. A task indeed. :-)
                    I'm sure I will have questions for you all.
                    Kind regards
                    Paul Murdoch

Comment

Hello, my name is Jaideep and I'm an electrical engineer/computer scientist. Been away from the technical side of things for a while but looking forward to learning something in this forum!

Comment

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the great info.

Comment

Hey whats up?
                          Well let's see, as my handle implies.......I'm a serious gearhead. Been repairing things, or learning how to, since I was about 8. I don't have a degree, but am self-taught, as with everything I know how to do. I've been a mechanic/electrician/electrical technician/ computer tech etc for many years. I've acquired the necessary test equipment over the last few years to work on electronics at a component level, and here I am. Look forward to being a part of this forum!

Comment

Sup? just a DIY guy hoping for help repairing my TV... and anything else electronic in the future

Comment

Hello! Thanks in advance to all future contributors, and also a thanks to everyone that has contributed in the past - especially those that have the same troubles as I have. -Russ

Comment

haha~~ this is a first forum about repairing i join in.

Im abby, 28 years old, from china. I'm a fresh in repairing, most of the things in reparing stuck me. ..

I need to learn as much as i can... the infos in this forum will help me a lot...

Wakaka.....

come on, come on!!!

Comment

Hi, I'm Rowan from Kent, UK. I have worked as an IT Engineer for 25+ years but have left work due to disability. I now use my natural ability to fix anything to give broken stuff new life. I especially like old AV, broadcast and studio equipment. But I'm only scratching the surface, I'm a great self teacher and aim to be learning lots and may be converting this knowledge in to some sort of business. I'm generally buying, fixing and selling on Ebay as well as doing some work for family and friends. I'm looking forward to getting my skills up and seeing how far we can go!

Comment

Hi,

I'm Sebastian, 26 years old, from Romania.
                                    I work full time as a software engineer. My hobbies used to include tinkering with electronics a long time ago. Now I just repair stuff in home, thus my arrival here

So far I've found useful information here but need more!
                                    Looking forward to help if I can and I want to thank you all in advance.

Happy tinkering!

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm in Eganville Ontario I'm just an electronic tinkerer that likes to try and get things working. I found your site looking for info on a television I'm in the process of trying to repair. By trade I'm a heating/cooling tech. so electronics is just a hobby I'm into along with Volkswagen Beetles. (the old ones)! Thanks for having me

Comment

Hello,
                                        I am located in Gresham, Oregon (suburb of Portland). I have no formal education on electronics, but am completely fascinated by them. I can't seem to get enough. The more I learn the more I need to know. Happy to be part of this forum.

Comment

Hello All im d newbie in town not sure what to say, so ask!

Comment

Working...
                                          X