samsung NU7100f - audio no video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung NU7100f - audio no video

Ditto, always replace all leds with new. I cant remember if I saw images on some. Most of the time 1/2 goes out so I see 1/2 screen. People just want to get rid of the tv because there are no screws on the back to open it.

Comment

I really don't see an image with a flashlight....so, should I still think replacing led's is the ticket here?

I also have a 75 inch TCL and it flashes for a split second and then goes black. But, the flashlight test works on that one. I am very confident it can be fixed.

Should I just take the 43" panel apart and test the LED strips?

Comment

just a friendly bump to see what you's think...

Comment

I certainly don't have a lot of experience but I would be hesitant to invest in backlights if there is no video.

That said, I did work on a Hisense recently that shut down (including video) the other day because the backlights were out, but even that one displayed the logo when first turned on / plugged in.

Maybe this is a good candidate to find the one bad LED and replace, re-assemble and retest. The fact that is is a smaller 43 inch makes that a pretty easy process.

Comment

Good call!! This is the candidate...you think I could put a TCL 43 inch diode in there with no issue? I mean...I will likely do it anyhow, I suppose. But what do you think are my chances?

Comment

Originally posted by benareeno View Post
              Good call!! This is the candidate...you think I could put a TCL 43 inch diode in there with no issue? I mean...I will likely do it anyhow, I suppose. But what do you think are my chances?
              Not worth the trouble of replacing 1 led. Spend $20 and get 2 new strips. If not you'll be doing again shortly. Besides, most likely you'll bend the strip up removing it or ruining it anyway replacing that tiny led.

Comment

I get what you're saying...and if this had passed the flashlight test, I would do just that. But it hasn't passed that test. So...something else could be wrong with it.

Could I just jumper over the failed led?

This would just be for troubleshooting purposes...if jumpering or replacing the one led solves the problem, then I'd gladly order 2 new strips.

Comment

Originally posted by handsworth View Post
                  Attached is a pic of a bad diffuser with led burn marks all the way across. Obviously I'm not using it anymore because of the cracks. The 2nd pic is a UN55NU7100 that I have up for sale now. The difuser had similar burns so after replacing the leds, I just turn the screen around. The bezel, soft diffusers and screen will hide any marks or shadows.
                  So I just tried this workaround on a model# 65NU7100. The bottom of the screen is MUCH BRIGHTER than the top. I would not consider this a remedy on at least this model.
                  They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

That has happened to me also on another 55" model. The top wasnt much darker, but I noticed it. It worked great on 3 50" models and 1 55". I guess size of the tv matters. I've never tried it on anything larger.

Comment

OK folks, I'm going to call on the previous suggestion to flip and re-install the main diffuser.

I just got done trying this on a 50" NU6900 and it turned out the same as the 65" NU6900 I mentioned earlier in the post. The bottom half of the picture is way bright and the top half is way dark. This TV is DEFINITELY NOT SELLABLE or SATISFACTORILY USABLE in this condition!!!!

Now for the next question: Why the hell hasn't anyone parting new freight damaged NU series TVs started selling main diffusers and reflector sheets?

It looks like it's time to hit up ShopJimmy again and try to find out what's the dillio?? I'm sure they could sell hundreds if not thousands of them as a backlight/main diffuser/reflector sheet kit.

As of now I have 6 of these waiting for diffusers and reflector sheets.

Comment

I would suspect shipping the light guide would not be cost effective, the diffuser sheets could be rolled up and shipped at a fairly reasonable price, but the hard plastic light guide might be too costly.

I just tore down a Samsung UN50NU6900 that had a busted screen, but the busted screen was a result of someone read that hitting the side of the TV could remedy failed LED's.

Anyway, it has a couple of burn marks on the light guide from the bad LED's, but I also noticed the guide is cut differently on the bottom (corners are cut in) and that may contribute to some of the poor uniformity. Per this article it is important how close the LED's are to the guide. They also mention polishing and that the LED's need to be adjacent to a polished surface. They also state that with their guide the direction of light input is not important.

https://www.acrylite.co/3735b-endlig...-brochure.html

Comment

When you look at the replacement led bars that shopjimmy sells as the same part number are not the OEM Samsung rectangular 3030 style. SJ's are square and do not disperse the light into the diffuser the same way leaving a darker top of panel. I blame SJ for not insisting on getting OEM led bar's instead of the crap they are selling with bad results. You can't ever get Led strips or bar's through Encompass either which really sucks. The NU series is off our led bar replacement do to this problem as well as the bezel from hell removal. It's too much of a pain in the ass repair and never results in a good result. Samsung really sucks since the MU series to now. I quit recommending them a long time ago. Built in tcon on the main, cheap resistors, caps, and diodes shorting prematurely on the panel boards, and cheap backlights are just a few. Whats going to happen when the NEO leds go out prematurely? Good luck getting that repaired. Thank God I'm about to retire. I'm to old for their trash.

Comment

Originally posted by brucetv View Post
                            When you look at the replacement led bars that shopjimmy sells as the same part number are not the OEM Samsung rectangular 3030 style. SJ's are square and do not disperse the light into the diffuser the same way leaving a darker top of panel. I blame SJ for not insisting on getting OEM led bar's instead of the crap they are selling with bad results. You can't ever get Led strips or bar's through Encompass either which really sucks. The NU series is off our led bar replacement do to this problem as well as the bezel from hell removal. It's too much of a pain in the ass repair and never results in a good result. Samsung really sucks since the MU series to now. I quit recommending them a long time ago. Built in tcon on the main, cheap resistors, caps, and diodes shorting prematurely on the panel boards, and cheap backlights are just a few. Whats going to happen when the NEO leds go out prematurely? Good luck getting that repaired. Thank God I'm about to retire. I'm to old for their trash.
                            LOL they aren't a very good TV. I'm about 60 miles from you in SW MO. Samsung has really gone downhill. What a shame.

Comment

Working...
                            X