Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biostar NF4UL has bad cap, a little confused about what to replace it with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biostar NF4UL has bad cap, a little confused about what to replace it with.

I've identified the bad cap....3300 uF, 6.3V, United Chemicon KZG, 10mm dia, 25 mm height.

I've read the FAQ's on this site about good replacement caps, but I'm a little confused....United Chemicon is listed as a *good* manufacturer of caps, yet I'm replacing one of their's. Sooo....did I just get 1 bad one from a good manufacturer, and should I just order another KZG from them?

Thanks for any help, great site.

Re: Biostar NF4UL has bad cap, a little confused about what to replace it with.

KZG is a defective series from UCC. UCC are good, just don't replace with another KZG.

Where are you located? If you are in the US I would suggest just buying from topcat.

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=30

That would work perfectly. Replace any other KZG's, as well as any other crap brands on the board, biostar loves OST. Wouldn't want to have to crack it open in another month when some other caps fail.

Comment

Ok, I was just confused a bit since it was a listed cap on the "good capacitors" FAQ page, though it does have a disclaimer to avoid due to more fails....which made me wonder how it made it on the *good* page!

But if the cap you linked is a good replacement, then sure I have no problems buying from this site. It's been a help. And I'm sure I'll need more help when it comes time to solder them in because I *suck* at soldering!

Comment

Well, I'm all set to buy the caps from the store here, but next to the Rubycon 3300 6.3V caps, there's ***, and that says:

Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.
        You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process

....uh, what? They don't have as many as I need (5), but I can buy them anyway?

I must be reading them wrong. I went through the checkout process (short of paying), and there was never a place to "check the quantity" that I could find.

Comment

i just looked. you are correct. he must be out of that capacitor.. you could always try the Samxon brand. Topcap does not sell crap caps and since he is selling that brand, they must be decent, so i would say try them..

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=58

ps. i checked.. he does have 5 of the samxon brand in stock..

Comment

Done! Thanks for the tip. They were cheaper too, so I bought an extra in case I somehow screw this up (highly likely).

Comment

Working...
            X