Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asus transformer with ripped microUSB connector charging only 0.41A

Hello.
    Is there on micro usb connector pin some current sensing?

have two of this asus transformet with ripped microusb connector so i can only connect plus and minus pins. other pins have missinch traces. when i connect charger it show charging, but current is only 0.41A. is on some pin some sensing that prevent to charging with bigger current?

Re: asus transformer with ripped microUSB connector charging only 0.41A

dead battery?

Comment

What model number is it .
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

You need the USB data lines if you want to go above 500mA
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

For the T100HA https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015067/
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
            You need the USB data lines if you want to go above 500mA
            can u please tell me how it works? it uses data lines for charging or it uses it for triggering more current?

Comment

On USB charging standard you need to short data + with data - to enable charging. (on device side)
              In most cases limited to 1000mA but I see in more cases even more but depends on charger and cable quality.
              So if you are unable to wire data traces to usb socket,and only VBus and GND are connected,you must find where on board you can bridge together D+ and D- so when charger connected will charge.But no more USB conectivity,only charge.

You may post good picture of area with usb socket (both sides of board) and maybe someone can figure out where data connetion are and you can wire them to usb socket.
              In most cases data lines are through some double emi filter and have some esd protection,easy to identify.
              Last edited by gabiz_ro; 03-31-2019, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gabiz_ro View Post
                On USB charging standard you need to short data + with data - to enable charging. (on device side)
                In most cases limited to 1000mA but I see in more cases even more but depends on charger and cable quality.
                So if you are unable to wire data traces to usb socket,and only VBus and GND are connected,you must find where on board you can bridge together D+ and D- so when charger connected will charge.But no more USB conectivity,only charge.

You may post good picture of area with usb socket (both sides of board) and maybe someone can figure out where data connetion are and you can wire them to usb socket.
                In most cases data lines are through some double emi filter and have some esd protection,easy to identify.

bridge is not a problem, but did i loose usb connection on other usb ports?

Comment

No.
                  Only on bridged port.

Comment

many thx mate. it worked like a charm.

i learn something important today

Comment

With some skills and good soldering iron you can wire usb socket as is designed so you have charging and data link on this usb port.
                      I did that on many phones.
                      It’s a nightmare when some phone come in service and usb charging was solved just by Vbus and gnd by others.
                      So,always restore all pins on usb,charging,data lines and id.
                      Encountered few times,repairs done by others services,Vbus and gnd soldered OK but they shorted d+ and d- and also id
                      As result phone or tablet trickle charge battery but when battery enough charged becouse id was shorted too enter to OTG mode result was endless loop .
                      Charging,logo startup,restart.....
                      Last edited by gabiz_ro; 03-31-2019, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gabiz_ro View Post
                        With some skil and good soldering iron you can wire usb socket as is designed so you have charging and data link on this usb port.

it is not needed because there is usb3.0 port and another big usb2.0 port on keyboard. even this repair was not needed but it was wanted

Comment

Working...
                        X