Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UN60EH6050F LED tv bought cheap to fix. ..evidently didn't need to???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN60EH6050F LED tv bought cheap to fix. ..evidently didn't need to???

So ..the back story is fairly common .. guy had the tv for sale on craigslist listed as not working .. had backlite but no picture . .all else appeared in good condition. ..said they were just watching tv one nite and shut off ..then went back later and no go. He said he did a little research on his own and replaced the tcon board already but no fix. I've fixed another tv with a new cap and am fairly comfortable taking stuff apart and reassembling so I kinda keep my eye out for stuff like this. Ended up at a price of 75 bucks and I went and picked it up. . and as he described. .just backlite but no picture . ..it sat around for a week or two as life was in the way of digging into it . .yesterday I finally got a few minutes to open the back up and look around. . .had it leaning against the wall and moved it around few times to get plug closer and had it standing on it's side too to get it off the power toggle. . .went to turn it on after messing around a little and all of a sudden I have menu pop up and screen is on . ...put the stand back on and connected to antennae and did setup scan . .. and it works fine!!!!! . . .haaaa!. .so . .. any thoughts on why it now works?? Did my jostling around and tipping on side do something..reconnect something?? .. anyway .. I'm happy for now long as it keeps working. ..

Re: Samsung UN60EH6050F LED tv bought cheap to fix. ..evidently didn't need to???

probably the eeprom search your TV model number @ SJ there are some repair kits (2 IC's) for that main board. See how often you can't turn the TV on. Also what was the status of the LED up front? All depends.... and all matters...
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 02-04-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X