Nintendo Switch Origional 'EMMC corrupted'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Switch Origional 'EMMC corrupted'

So, I've sent my Nintendo switch away for repair after it wouldn't switch on after leaving it for a few months. No life at all, not even a hit of it booting. I changed the battery but this did nothing.

It is an early version of the switch and had been running custom software for most of its life.

I've received feedback from the repair center, first they asked me if I was aware it was modified and then they followed up with 'unfortunately we cannot repair the original mainboard - emmc corrupt. We need to replace the mainboard - £250' I've gone back asking for more detail and am waiting for a response.

Does this sound like just a software issue? What should I try next?

Re: Nintendo Switch Origional 'EMMC corrupted'

If a EMMC is dead, usually you see the power led come on and maybe another one, followed by a no boot. You can verify this by checking the data lines of the EMMC with an oscilloscope and turn the unit on. Also could be something stupid like a resistor on the data line being bad… I haven’t particularly looked at a Nintendo Switch, but you can read this thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74150 about multiple Dreamlink T1’s I fixed and how I did it. That gives you an idea if you think you can tackle this project.

Comment

Working...
    X