Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Electrical heater controler

Originally posted by R_J View Post
    B10S must be the numbers on the bridge rectifier BR3, this bridge contains four (4) diodes.
    How much voltage should be in the output since the input is 220V ? By reading the datasheet I can't understand the correct value.

Comment

Originally posted by tomalamix View Post
      How much voltage should be in the output since the input is 220V ? By reading the datasheet I can't understand the correct value.
      You will need to measure the voltage into the bridge rectifier It will not be 220vac as it is dropped through two resistors.
      Measure the AC voltage across the two pins marked ~~ Then measure the DC voltage across the pins marked - +
      Last edited by R_J; 02-03-2022, 02:36 PM.

Comment

If you had 2.4VDC on the output of BR3, I think that is not right. Check those SMD resistors between the 310v cap.
        Last edited by CapLeaker; 02-03-2022, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I missed that 2.4v, Yes that is too low, There seems to be a zener diode next to C18, what are the numbers on it? Also what is the value of C18? try replacing C18
          Last edited by R_J; 02-03-2022, 04:25 PM.

Comment

You will need to measure the voltage into the bridge rectifier It will not be 220vac as it is dropped through two resistors.
            Measure the AC voltage across the two pins marked ~~ Then measure the DC voltage across the pins marked - +
            Ok, measured in the ~~ side, there is 5.8V AC, both resistors are inside the expected value.

On the +- side there is 3.8V DC

I've solved the grounding wire that wasn't properly connected but the problem as returned to stage 1, the light fades away, so does the LCD display, but now its worst, the unit doesn't come up after a few seconds stays apparently Off without responding to any inputs.

Comment

I missed that 2.4v, Yes that is too low, There seems to be a zener diode next to C18, what are the numbers on it? Also what is the value of C18? try replacing C18
              I've replaced C18, problem remains. Ther diode next to C18 is a EIC41 218D5 , can't find anything on the web about it, testing values are Uf=712mV C=599pF.

I'm starting to give up about this, I can't see anything obvious failing...

Comment

With 5.8vac into the bridge you should get about 8vdc out, so it could be that the bridge is bad.
                Just to be sure I see two diodes around C18 This is the one I meant Z???
                Is the diode connected across C18?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by R_J; 02-04-2022, 12:08 PM.

Comment

With 5.8vac into the bridge you should get about 8vdc out, so it could be that the bridge is bad.
                  Hy!

How do you know that the output value is 8 VDC? I cant get that from the datasheet. Sorry to ask.

thank you!

Comment

Hy,

Did you had the opportunity to check my message? thanks!

Comment

back to the project now...

The diode is connected to C18 and is a EIC65 218D5. Can't find anything on the web about it.

What about the bridge output, how to be sure about how much voltage should be in the Output? By reading the datasheet i cant be sure.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X