Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Switch component identification

Hi there,

I have been using this forum since a long time, and i could always find help by just searching the existing threads for informations. It seems like this is a great and helpful community.
    However, i coundn't find info anywhere on this particular problem i have right now.
    My Nintendo Switch works fine, until i plug in the official charger, then the switch itself charges, but the controllers and the Fan stops working/charging. It still works with a Regular 5 Volt Charger. So i guess it has something to do with the Step Down line from 15 Volts to the Voltage the controllers and the fan need.

So i opened the device and searched for problems under my microscope. I found an 8 Pin SMD part with a big hole in it.

I need some help identifying/sourcing this broken part for my Nintendo Switch.
    I added one photo from the Internet, because on my board the part has a big hole in it, so i couldn't read the complete SMD Marking from mine anymore.

The Marking on the Internet Says: DC0 SE5

The Marking on my Part Says: DC0 (Burnt hole) 5

I think it might be a DC DC converter or a dual channel mosfet, but i coundn't find the info anywhere.

Can you guys please help me out?

Greetings from Germany
    Gerald
    Attached Files

Re: Nintendo Switch component identification

I found another picture with DC0 S41, so I suspect the last 3 letters are a date code. It might be a custom number for nintendo
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 05-16-2020, 09:42 PM.

Comment

found also a picture with DC0 551. I did do a code search with DC0, but didn't come up with anything satisfactory.

Comment

Thanks for the effort so far.
        Yes the only thing i found so far was an Analog Devices DAC, but the Pinout is wrong, and I cannot believe that it would be a DAC.

Comment

Originally posted by knu7nuk3m View Post
          Thanks for the effort so far.
          Yes the only thing i found so far was an Analog Devices DAC, but the Pinout is wrong, and I cannot believe that it would be a DAC.
          I found that one too... and no, that isn't a DAC.

Comment

http://logiwiki.shinycomputers.com/i...ClCwnHCzaCuwVU

Comment

Thanks for the reply Digby, but the Link is for the Switch Lite model. The Board Layout is different. And from what i could see in the Pictures, the Part i'm searching isn't on there.

Comment

dco551
                https://www.tronicsfixforum.com/t/in...art-numbers/91
                double click to expand........may help.......he does a lot of switch's
                Last edited by digby1951; 05-17-2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

What are the voltages on the pins now? If it was a buck down converter it would have an inductor connected to it.
                  Last edited by R_J; 05-17-2020, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks again for the replies,

i have disassembled a second defective Nintendo Switch which often freezes (i tried to reflow it in the past, ....it still freezes) but it should be okay for measurements. I have measured the voltages when charging a battery, and I measured resistance to ground in diode mode (positive to ground and neither battery or USB-C connected)

I mean i could use the part of the other Board, but as I dont know what caused the hole in the part, I would like to have a few replacement chips in stock before trying to do something like this. It would be terrible if i salvage this part, put it in the other Switch and it burns again.

Also i think it would be helpful for others to know what you could use if they have a similar problem.

Yes I know I shouldn't leave the Board in all that Flux. But its no-clean Flux so I took it literally.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I also plugged in the Battery of the other Switch and on Pin 1 I could measure for a short time 5V. I guess it has something to do with Slow/Fast charging. After a few seconds the Voltage was going down to 0V there.

That would also explain, why the Switch works fine on a 5V Supply, but not on the official Nintendo 15 Volt Supply.

Comment

hi.......try
                        https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=my+mate+vince
                        watch his videos
                        Last edited by digby1951; 05-19-2020, 06:24 AM.

Comment

vince doesnt have a clue about electronics!!

Comment

i didn't say he did...........but interesting.........

Comment

Working...
                            X