Lost christmas tree remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost christmas tree remote

I have a rgb "holiday symphony" 600 led tree that I got for free but it has no remote which basically neuters the tree with just one color option and no music. The original remote is as 433.96 mhz rf remote. Here is the fcc link: https://fccid.io/2APJZ-PDT0093V.

The manufacturer is Polygroup and are absolutely no help. As they offer no replacements to the most easily lost part. All they gave me was the model number of the remote and said google it and good luck. Of course nobody is selling them. Anyways I provided pictures of the reciever motherboard along with the rgb controller daughter board.

My question is if there is anything I can do to program a new remote or add a manual button? I see that both the motherboard and daughter board have unpopulated "flash socket" connectors.
    Attached Files

Re: Lost christmas tree remote

Probably the effort needed to reverse engineer a new remote would exceed cost of buying another set... looks like everything is embedded in the remote logic/firmware.

Buy another one, copy remote, refund?

Comment

i would touch the right chip with a damp finger to see if i can get it to change to something i like . but that's just me before it gets thrown into the spares bin .

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
        Probably the effort needed to reverse engineer a new remote would exceed cost of buying another set... looks like everything is embedded in the remote logic/firmware.

Buy another one, copy remote, refund?
        I have looked at this solution but nobody sells them that has a respectable return system. All that do are out of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
          i would touch the right chip with a damp finger to see if i can get it to change to something i like . but that's just me before it gets thrown into the spares bin .
          By "right chip" do you mean guess which one and short two pins on it?

Comment

I looked at the Polygroup CW001 manual and it has a wireless and a wired option. So I don’t think they make different boards for that. The remote and the corded option seem to have only one button to operate? If yours came with both, the remote and the corded option with the button, I don’t think the remote does anything different what the corded button does.

Your pictures I see a 24v GND and a TX pin? Where does that TX pin go? I guess it would help to see how this is supposed to look wired all up.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
              I looked at the Polygroup CW001 manual and it has a wireless and a wired option. So I don't think they make different boards for that. The remote and the corded option seem to have only one button to operate? If yours came with both, the remote and the corded option with the button, I don't think the remote does anything different what the corded button does.

Your pictures I see a 24v GND and a TX pin? Where does that TX pin go? I guess it would help to see how this is supposed to look wired all up.
              This tree is not the cw001 unfortunately. The manual is here: https://usermanual.wiki/m/55285c14cf...b6d2e5a3e6_pdf

The tx line goes into the daughter board on one end and then other tx or data lines go out the other end.

Wonder if there is a way to just hook a different controller to the existing led lights? They are rgb lights but arent "pixel" type.

Comment

Yeah… I’d put a different controller on that if you can’t find a remote.

Comment

cross-posted here: https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/t...remote.191165/

Comment

Working...
                  X