Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange relay Programmable outlet

Hi all
    The culprit ELEWAY BF24-1A-H-S 24VDC relay.
    Item a programmable outlet Brennenstuhl dt v2. It just won't turn on and off when it should. The reset works fine but I do not hear the relay clicking on/off. I have two of these outlets, one works fine the other one not even close. I think it is the relay but I cannot find it to buy. Also I cannot find a similar one. I cannot find a datasheet for this relay. So I am stuck. Any help, any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Strange relay Programmable outlet

I think it might be be BE24 not BF24, then lots show up in search.

Comment

Definitely it is an ELEWAY BF24-1A-H-S 24VDC. I have also found a similar problem on the internet.
      http://ugyotaku.web.fc2.com/yahoo2/PT50DW/PT50DW.htm
      If you'll scroll down you will get to a picture of it.

Comment

these stupid automation things usually fail in the psu area.
        if it uses a capacitive dropper and the cap is failing it will supply enough current for the electronics but not the relay coil.

Comment

Originally posted by bios321 View Post
          Definitely it is an ELEWAY BF24-1A-H-S 24VDC.
          Maybe that's a cheap knock-off clone of a BE24 relay?
          In any case, just take out the relay and measure it, then compare to the size of the BE24. If coil voltage as well as contactor current and voltage ratings match, just use the BE24.

Originally posted by stj View Post
          these stupid automation things usually fail in the psu area.
          if it uses a capacitive dropper and the cap is failing it will supply enough current for the electronics but not the relay coil.
          And looking at the pictures on the link that O/P provided... yes, it does look like a capacitative dropper circuit. Does 0.47 uF sound inline for such purpose? At least it is an X2-class rated cap and not just a regular PP/PE.

On that note, the only programmable plug-in timers I have are the simple ones with a synchronous motor and you put little red and green tabs on a turning round wheel to set the On-Off times. Not very accurate and looses timing if power goes off for an extended time... but at least it doesn't fail.

Comment

OP what makes you think it's the relay?
            It's usually the dropper-capacitor going low value, the small electrolytic going bad or just crappy soldering inside. The zeners can go bad with age.
            The 24V relay coil should measure around 1,400ohms and needs at least 18V to pull in. It looks like a typical high capacity cube relay. Like Songle SRD-24VDC-SL-C or Omron G5LE etc. but 16A is harder to find.

I have a Geya astronomical timer, it's supposed to turn on and off at sunrise/sunset but the manual absolutely terrible and the firmware seems so bad I gave up on getting it to work.
            It uses a 48VDC relay coil and I drew a schematic of the power system, they're all the same - resistor+capacitive dropper, 3.3V zener for MCU power and NiMh battery to save settings.

Comment

Working...
            X