PS4 hdmi component values?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 hdmi component values?

Hi all, I am trying to find the values of these components from the hdmi on the underside of the board of a PS4 motherboard Sac-001
    If anyone can help by testing a donor board or even telling me what each component value is to buy some new ones.

The diode's i think are fine as I get OL one side and approx 0.585v to 0.625v on the opposite side. It's mainly the missing components and surrounding area related to the hdmi.
    Reason, getting no signal/picture. Hdmi port is fine.

Thankyou all
    Attached Files

Re: PS4 hdmi component values?

Anyone please?

Comment

Hi,

I can help you out identifying the missing resistor. It is a 0401 2K resistor. It has the same value as the one directly beneath it. They are connected to pins 15 and 16 on the HDMI port (you probably knew that).

If your diodes are fine, you should be good to go with a new resistor.

If it does not work with a new resistor, I would look at HDMI decoder. Check for shorts on the 4 filters as a start.. Between the port and the decoder.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Do you know the correct value for the resistor near edge of board as this is where I seem to be getting 0.013v each side,which I'm sure is wrong.
        Hdmi filters are working no short.
        Thanks for your help bud��

Comment

Hi,
          I will measure it tonight and post..

Comment

Hi,

The resistor in question measures 22R3, so a 22 Ohms resistor should do.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Samsir View Post
              Hi,

The resistor in question measures 22R3, so a 22 Ohms resistor should do.

Cheers
              Hi, So if I use the same type of resistor and value of the other one you posted first?
              I am still learning as I didn't understand 22R3.
              Thanks for your help.
              Would there be a reason why only 1 side of a choke filter reads approx 0.850v and other 0.350v ? The other 3 filters all give approx 0.850v
              Cheers

Comment

Hi,
                Sorry if it was a little unclear.
                "The first post" i referred to was the missing resistor. That is a 2K, aka 2000 Ohms.

The second one "close to the edge" which I referred to as 22R3 is the same as 22,3 Ohms. This should even make a beep if you test it in continuity mode on your DMM.

They look the same, both are 0402 (size) resistors, but completely different values.

The choke with different value, is it the one "not in line" with the 3 others on the main input?

Just a couple of clarifying questions..

Does the PS4 boot up?

Even thought you do not get a picture, do you get a white light on the console?

Cheers

Comment

Hi bud, it powers up with wlod. No picture at all. hhd was tested connected to my laptop and came back good.
                  I have a new IC,so after I replace those resistors if it does not show a picture it's either ic or apu apparently. The filter is one of the 3 together.
                  Cheers

Comment

The values you have told me regarding the resistors, do you have the same board to test what volts they give in diode mode?

Comment

Hi,
                      I am glad your PS4 starts up and gives you a white light. This means basically that your PS4 is good to go..
                      The fact that it boots up assures that all essential components play along and accept the startup. With this in mind, your APU, RAM and NOR are good and not at fault in this case.

I would not crawl down the "rabbit hole" starting to measure voltages on the components around the HDMI encoder. Primarily because, since you do not have picture on the TV, meaning that the necessary powers are not produced in the area, can misguide you away from the real problem.

What I would do, first populate the missing component. To my understanding, only one 2K Ohm resistor is missing. Unless there are other component other places on the board missing.

On the picture you were posting there is only ONE resistor missing. The upper empty pads, close to the word "missing" should NOT be populated.

The missing resistor has to be in place before a picture would be produced in any respect, whether the IC is good or bad.

If there is still no picture with the missing resistor in place, the chances that it is in fact the HDMI IC or the HDMI port itself at fault, would in my opinion be 95%.

The HDMI decoder is very sensitive for power spikes. Even putting in the HDMI cable into the Tv while the Console is powered, can take it out if you're unlucky.

The chances that any of the surrounding component are broken is very slim. These component are much more robust than the HDMI IC itself.

I do not have a live SAC-001 board at hand so I could not tell you the voltages. I also do not quite understand why you would measure the resistors in diode mode.?

Any chance you can post a picture of the HDMI port and the IC area?

I am happy to help you out if I can

Cheers
                      Last edited by Samsir; 02-26-2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Hi. It could well of been while the PS4 was switched on and hdmi inserted as it suddenly would not show a picture. Reason for diode/continuity mode is from what I have watched being tested on YouTube.
                        The 2 resistors needing replacing are the 2 together as I knocked them both off at one stage as this is the area from where I started to see unusual readings.I had continuity from all the hdmi pins and started to test values and the underside of the hdmi port. Diodes seem to be giving good readings,it's those few other components that need investigating or replacing to know for sure.

Comment

Picture of hdmi port
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Im replacing hdmi on a sac-001 mb, could anyone please help me and measure the components that were in the red circle please? Bottom one was a diode I have a replacement and need to know the direction, also the top was a resistor which was shorted and I need to know the value, appreciate any help!
                            Attached Files

Comment

https://guide-images.cdn.ifixit.com/...AUCfKbG2t.huge

Comment

I think I figured out diode direction but does anyone know the value of the resistor?

Comment

Originally posted by amdev View Post
                                  I think I figured out diode direction but does anyone know the value of the resistor?
                                  This is not a resistor, this is a ceramic capacitor, it will also work without it.

Comment

I never did get a reply for the values I needed on the underside of the hdmi socket on this same board,hence I gave up and just reassembled it and stuck it back in the cupboard, with the grainy red/white spots showing on tv from the hdmi port.

Comment

I've measured mine on the back for you but currently I get no signal as I knocked few components off and not even sure if they're in their right places, here's the values I measured
                                      1- 26.95kOhm
                                      2 - is this a capacitor? Not sure how to measure this
                                      3 - 1.986kOhms
                                      4 - 1.986kOhms
                                      5 - if yours is in right place could you check the direction please?
                                      6 - 2.16kOhms - I read up this is meant to be the same as 3&4 but I lost the resistor so this is closest one I could find (could this be the problem)
                                      Also on other side I removed both diode and capacitor as its supposed to work without, I will try few more things today, maybe we can both fix our boards with eachothers help!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Honestly, without the board at hand, it's kinda tricky to give you the exact values. But if you're talking about the components tied to the HDMI port, particularly pins 15 and 16, here's my best guess:

The missing resistor that Samsir pointed out is typically a 2K or 2000 Ohms resistor.
                                        The resistor close to the board edge, the one you were getting a 0.013v reading from according to Samsir's measurement, should be a 22 Ohm resistor. (Samsir called it a 22R3, which is just another notation for a 22.3 Ohm resistor.)
                                        I'd suggest starting with replacing these resistors and see if it brings back your HDMI signal. If not, you might be looking at an issue with the HDMI IC or the APU, as you've already speculated.

If you're still in a jam, it could be worth it to consider getting a pro to look at it or check in with a local electronics repair shop. Board-level issues like these can get pretty complicated and usually need specialized knowledge and tools to fix.

Remember, trying to do repairs like these on your own could potentially make things worse if not done right, so be careful. And keep us updated!

Stay safe and good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                        X