Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting TVs and Video Sources
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2021, 07:33 AM   #81
Diah
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
City & State: SA
My Country: Germany
I'm a: Professional Tech
Posts: 2,464
Default Re: TOSHIBA 40L3453DB red-green blinking light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergal22 View Post
I doubt it will work now as when i tried to write to U11 on auto, it erased it first then failed on the writing part so the chip s blank
I will try post 70 if that don't work i will buy another mainboard for it
U11, no sense at all they make dump for it.. as its part of firmware when it updated it will write part of the profile on it.. so even its blank now when it worked will not able to scan channel. and this small issue.

try post#70 also you can just put any mboot on the usb , it will not flashed. only as sync to start from usb.
Diah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:58 AM   #82
Fergal22
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
City & State: Blackburn
My Country: United Kingdom
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 42
Default Re: TOSHIBA 40L3453DB red-green blinking light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick_barton View Post
I don't know if this site is any use to you offering a bin file for your set.
https://repairalltv.com/toshiba-40l3...mb95-download/

Or

http://www.dl.toshiba.com/dtv/NA/GB/EN/40L3453DB.html
I have already tried those with no success but thanks for helping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diah View Post
U11, no sense at all they make dump for it.. as its part of firmware when it updated it will write part of the profile on it.. so even its blank now when it worked will not able to scan channel. and this small issue.

try post#70 also you can just put any mboot on the usb , it will not flashed. only as sync to start from usb.
Tried post 70 but still no joy, i have ordered a mainboard off ebay, should get it Friday, i will let you know how i get on

Thanks or all your help and advice, its appreciated
Fergal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:31 AM   #83
Diah
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
City & State: SA
My Country: Germany
I'm a: Professional Tech
Posts: 2,464
Default Re: TOSHIBA 40L3453DB red-green blinking light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergal22 View Post
Tried post 70 but still no joy, i have ordered a mainboard off ebay, should get it Friday, i will let you know how i get on

Thanks or all your help and advice, its appreciated
you welcome.. but still i would love to solve this mysterious boards..
from all SPI dumps you flashed, we got red green flashing / green flashing /.. its sound there are no any sign from U13 NAND. so you have time until the replacements boards to arrive.. can you check if the NAND had on pins 12 & 37 3.3V ?
Diah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:07 PM   #84
Diah
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
City & State: SA
My Country: Germany
I'm a: Professional Tech
Posts: 2,464
Default Re: TOSHIBA 40L3453DB red-green blinking light

one things more to let this threat complete with all solution , in case we flash mboot to the spi flash and there are no response from RC, there are working around by using the same CH314A adapter as serial Adapter with level 3,3V to read and write via RX & TX

On the Adapter there are jumpers need to switch it so it will be serial ( the driver are included at my previous attachment file )

we connect the TV from scart sockets
Pin 10 = RX -------> connect to Adapter TX
Pin 12 = TX -------> connect to Adapter RX
Pin 13 = GND to Adapter GND

configure the port of Mstar ISP Tool and starting the work according to the pdf how to update MB90 /MB95

the above for windows users... who are using Linux much easy to have above with terminal command line
Attached Files
File Type: zip ISP_Tool_46.zip (468.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: pdf D0255-Client_Software_Update_Document.pdf (1.29 MB, 6 views)
Diah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:03 PM   #85
Fergal22
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
City & State: Blackburn
My Country: United Kingdom
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 42
Default Re: TOSHIBA 40L3453DB red-green blinking light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diah View Post
one things more to let this threat complete with all solution , in case we flash mboot to the spi flash and there are no response from RC, there are working around by using the same CH314A adapter as serial Adapter with level 3,3V to read and write via RX & TX

On the Adapter there are jumpers need to switch it so it will be serial ( the driver are included at my previous attachment file )

we connect the TV from scart sockets
Pin 10 = RX -------> connect to Adapter TX
Pin 12 = TX -------> connect to Adapter RX
Pin 13 = GND to Adapter GND

configure the port of Mstar ISP Tool and starting the work according to the pdf how to update MB90 /MB95

the above for windows users... who are using Linux much easy to have above with terminal command line
Hi, i have had my vaccine jab today and it make me feel very unwell
I will try this tomorrow if i feel any better
did not want you waiting on a reply
Fergal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Badcaps.net Technical Forums 2003 - 2021
Powered by vBulletin ®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:26 AM.
Did you find this forum helpful?