Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post The Led Backlights Your Fixing Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post The Led Backlights Your Fixing Here.

Thread started to simply see how bigger scale these Led backlights are failing and how many you have fixed. So far I have fixed 58 of them all with one or more failed Leds stopping the backlight firing on ! How many and how often do you get Led Tv's with failed backlights ? Let me know what you have on.

I have on now:

32" Lg Led Tv 32LN5400
    32" Technika Led LTA320AP33
    Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 04-19-2016, 08:57 AM.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Re: Post The Led Backlights Your Fixing Here.

Got a 32" Digihome Full Hd Smart Tv with VES315-WNDS (Samsung Lcd) to fix. Two bad Leds both O/C replaced them and set working
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

I now fix at least one per day. Mainly LG then vestel 32 inches. They are failing at an alarming rate, especially if you think the original LEDs were made never to fail

Comment

Yeah Im the opposite more Ves panels than any other brand. My dads 2009 Samsung Led Tv which im fixing (thought it was 2011) been used over 30000 hours on max brightness still works like a champ just needs a minor repair. Im doing at least one ever 3 or 4 days. Its a nightmare.
        Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 04-24-2016, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Funai LF320FX4F had one bad LED
          LG 47LN5200 UB had several

This video really helped me in learning how to repair a bad LED as long as you have a small stock of salvaged LED strips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf5T2wwtydY

Comment

Funai LF320FX4F also one bad led.
            Repaired with a section of a salvaged strip - I found it too difficult to remove and replace the defective led.

Comment

Countless, excluding the VESTEL Umc junk.

I'd say that the most common model I see is the LG LN series. 42LN 47LN 50LN

I'm so used to cracking this model open Im down to less than an hour.

Comment

Looking to replace 2 LED's on a UN46EH5000 with panel CY-DF460BGLV1H. Can't find LED strips anymore. Any idea what the specs are for individual LED's? Or do you think the LED's from UN50EH5000 could work and last?

Thank you

Comment

From the sales of my LED repair kits on eBay, I can say that it appears that vestal type are the most common ones asked for, with the Samsung type a close second,followed by the larger LG Innotek and smaller LG lens type. with much the same for new full strip sales, edge lite strips for all makes gather a bit of dust waiting to be sold. So Vestal lead the the way in defective LEDs

Comment

I couldn't find your led repair kit. If possible please post the link. Thanks

Comment

TBH--Which is rather odd, seeing everyone has done so many!

Ive only done about 5 or 6 or so. Even though I see about 10-15 sets a week, most are still CCFL/Plasma....

All the ones Ive done have been either Samsung or Vestel turds usually with 40" Sams panels....
                      One pretty recent Samsung 40" so-called, 'smart' TV is now on me kitchen wall, That had a whole string out--but oddly still worked OK with a dark band on the picture. It had one O/C LED...
                      --On this one,--The front bezel of the set is also the actual outer frame holding the LCD panel to the backlight assay, removing it caused the LCD Panel itself to come free--When I wasn't expecting it!--Summit to watch for with newer sets

--But I guess you Veterans of Backlight LED's know that already!....
                      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

BAIRD TE40LED-BK EDGE LIT 40" LED TV
                        SAMSUNG PANEL LTA400HM21
                        3 led's were replaced on one section strips divided into 4 sections on test now fingers crossed
                        Last edited by comptek; 04-25-2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

what a coincidence!! that's why I'm here today. Done quite a few Samsung, LG, Hisense, Seki and Element I am about to work on a Samsung UN46EH500 now.

Is there a site that i can buy new LEDs from.. how do i tell the actual specs for the LEDS. Right now I'm pulling them off old strips from other TVs.
                          Craigslist Picks & Fixes

2 ea - Samsung 52"
                          Samsung 60"

Comment

Hitachi (Vestel) 32" LED FAILED
                            LG 42LN5400 2 LED FAILED O/C but had problems getting the lvds screen cables right it was half purple half grey, then black and grey finally got them just right all ok now on soak test

Comment

Got another Celcus 39" with Ves390 todo, same Tv as I spoke about the other day in a different thread. The other one I fixed a week ago had 5 bad and this one today had 1 bad both are working now

Also sold the one I fixed a week ago today and got another for sale whooo
                              Attached Files

Comment

well done Reece

anybody know the type numbers used in these sets or common types used as im stripping good strips that work for leds

Comment

Originally posted by comptek View Post
                                  well done Reece

anybody know the type numbers used in these sets or common types used as im stripping good strips that work for leds
                                  Cheers buddy, also what do you mean the type numbers ?

Comment

Toshiba 40" led Tv done today, 40L1333B with Samsung LTA400HM23 screen which has the Led driver built in to the panel. One bad Led causing the whole lot not to work, I also bridged over them connector blocks with solid wire for increased reliability I replaced the Led direct rather than stacking it as it was in an awkward position. Tv works fine
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 05-02-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Toshiba 40L1333B with Samsung LTA400HM23 no backlights stripped screen down nudged connectors in middle on top line and it came on linked connectors in the middle and the edge ones too reduced backlights to medium now all ok

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                        Cheers buddy, also what do you mean the type numbers ?
                                        sorry if i didnt explain properly
                                        they have a number (3745 for example) i have looked on ebay and theres loads available

Comment

Working...
                                        X