Sony KDL-46VL130 Distorted / Double image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-46VL130 Distorted / Double image

Here's are some pics of this problem. I haven't opened it but wanted to see if anyone was successful in fixing a problem like this.
    Attached Files

Re: Sony KDL-46VL130 Distorted / Double image

i'll be the first one to be negative and say panel. side driver tab.
    WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

For me too side driver tabs, i have a test for you, lets we se if i find one christian in the universe that agree to do this test...
      open the tv, tell me if the screen is a Samsung first, locate on the tcon the testpoint called CPV1,2 or CKV1,2, the tags can vary, then with the multimeter continuity locate to which pins of the connectors > panel them are connected, them are repeated in parallel on the right and the left connectors, now with adhesive tape cut 2 hair style strips to mask on the flat cables the pins found , first try with CPV1, then if the defect don't disappear try CPV2, one at a time.
      Last edited by Davi.p; 11-10-2017, 06:06 AM.

Comment

I'll agree with you...Try the 'cut-off' method. That would be the FPC from T-CON to Panel. I have used stationery tape successfully already.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I have the tv open and want to try this "cut-off" method. I do have a Samsung (pn#LTY460HB01) panel. I have located CPV1 and CPV2 on the TCON but not sure which is which. When I put my one test lead on the left side of C16 on the TCON (right next CPV1 & CPV2 labels -- see photo) and the other I run across FPC left or right, I get 18 points that have continuity. When I put my test lead on the right side of C16 I don't get any points of continuity on the FPC contacts. I'm missing something.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have repaired numerous set with similar problems and have them in my personal residence and they are still working like a champ after 3+ years. If you have bad connections where the ribbons go into the panel the set can be saved. If the bad connection is in the drivers build into the ribbon cable it's a wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Hy4woj View Post
              I have repaired numerous set with similar problems and have them in my personal residence and they are still working like a champ after 3+ years. If you have bad connections where the ribbons go into the panel the set can be saved. If the bad connection is in the drivers build into the ribbon cable it's a wrap.
              Ok so how to test for bad connections where the ribbons go vs. in the driver tab? As my previous reply to Davi.p, I would like to try this repair.

Comment

OK first of all i've written incomplete instructions, first thing to do is to run the tv with one flat cable disconnected at turn, you will probably become to the setup where you have half good image half black, so you must mask the traces from the bad side. Second: on your picture C16 does not matter's at all, CPV1,2, STV and VST2 are markings for the 4 testpoints to it's right hand, them are also surely connected in parallel to the left hand side (in picture) of the left connector, where you don't see testpoints. Now with an only piece of adhesive tape try to mask all CPV1,CPV2, STV and VST2 and maybe also VST1 of the faulty side flat cable. Don't cut the lines 'cause this mod is probably not so long lasting and when maybe the screen will finally die you could sell tcon board. Bye.
                Last edited by Davi.p; 11-18-2017, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Sorry the image is bad on both sides .... I was looking forward to doing this repair and really appreciate all of the input. Just so I understand the fix clearly, do I mask the connections on the tcon or cable? Or does it matter?

And could it be the TCON after all?
                  Last edited by fcisolutions; 11-20-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I guessed you had at least a good half, the trick is not for both halves bad.

Comment

So Davi.P do you think it is possible the TCON is bad and not the panel or the driver tabs?

Comment

T-CON cannot cause the horizon bars on the screen.
                        Never stop learning
                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Surely is bad panel. I think i can distinguish 2 common problems togheter in this set, horizontal streaks+double image and dark in the central part, the second defect is usually caused by a damaged horizontal tab bond, the more at east or the more at west, by pressign it the problem disappear, now when you done the "one flat at a time" test, the defects was the same on both sides? Maybe is the first time i see when you have one horiz. tab bond and one vert. tab bond failed.
                          Last edited by Davi.p; 11-21-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X