Replacement Cap Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Cap Question

I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium board and the CAPs I need to replace are 6.3v 1500uF. The ones on the board are 20mm Height by 8mm diameter.
    The Nichicon CAPs for 6.3v 1500uF are 10mm diameter. A couple of the CAPs I need to replace almost touch each other so 10mm would be a killer.
    Can I instead replace them with the 10v 1500uF CAPs since they come in 8mm diameter?
    One other question. What does does the Series HZ means? I noticed some CAPs come with different series letters.

Thanks,

Ron Hatch

Re: Replacement Cap Question

Originally posted by RonH View Post
    Can I instead replace them with the 10v 1500uF CAPs since they come in 8mm diameter?
    Yes, you can go up in voltage with no problem as long as the cap fits.

What does does the Series HZ means?
    HZ is their "code" to designate a particular type of capacitors. Some capacitors are general purpose, some are low ESR.

If you read the datasheet for HZ, it will tell you the characteristics of the capacitors in terms of lifetime, temperature, ESR, ripple, etc.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
    X