TC-P55GT30, 8 Blinks, Poor Picture Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC-P55GT30, 8 Blinks, Poor Picture Quality

I'm working on a TC-P55GT30 that I received without an SC board. I purchased on on eBay, and still had no picture. Replaced both buffer boards, and now I have a picture, but it's very low quality (grainy, high contrast - it's the same in 'menu' mode). But now it shuts down after a minute or so, and gives me and 8-blink code, which points to the SS board. Replaced that as well, and it's the same. I have green LEDs on the SC and SS board (while it's on). Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: TC-P55GT30, 8 Blinks, Poor Picture Quality

This could be a "bad" SC board , did you buy the EXACT same SC board? There are european models and american models. What SC board do you have? You need to check the suffix sticker on the board.
    Check the voltage on the powersupply also. I dont know for USA but the european voltage on Ysus is 215v.

I think this is a voltage issue. You need to search for the potmeter on the powersupply and alter it SLOWLY! First measure the voltage of the board as it is now.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

This set didn't have an SC board when I got it, so I have no way to tell what suffix it had. The one I installed has no suffix. As for Ysus voltage, the manual shows only an adjustment in service mode - you're only able to set the voltage to 'low' or 'high'. The only trim pots I have on the power supply board are Vsus and Vda. I'll check the voltage, or maybe try to get into service mode before it shuts down and adjust Ysus. But if you suspect an SC failure, why the 8 blinks, that indicated an SS failure?

Comment

Originally posted by abbottdave View Post
        This set didn't have an SC board when I got it, so I have no way to tell what suffix it had. The one I installed has no suffix. As for Ysus voltage, the manual shows only an adjustment in service mode - you're only able to set the voltage to 'low' or 'high'. The only trim pots I have on the power supply board are Vsus and Vda. I'll check the voltage, or maybe try to get into service mode before it shuts down and adjust Ysus. But if you suspect an SC failure, why the 8 blinks, that indicated an SS failure?
        Guess you have the fault-finding document, but just in case:-

These 5 conditions can cause 8 blinks..
        Abnormality of the Sustain drive circuit.
        Open or loose connection between the SS board and FPCs from the panel.
        When SS53, SS54 or SS56 are disconnected.
        When SC20 is disconnected.
        Wrong diagnostic by the A board

To determine if the 8 blinks is caused by the A board, SS board, or the Panel:

Isolate the SS board and check if the TV stays on when it's turned on.

If the TV does not stay on after disconnecting the SS board, the A board is defective.

If the TV stays on, then the SS or the Panel is defective.

Check continuity between pins 1 and 2 of connectors SS53, SS54 and SS56. If open, the panel might be defective. (Check for loose connection between the flex-cables and the SS board).

If continuity is OK, the SS board is defective.

Comment

Working...
        X