Asus X550c Black Screen And No Fan Spinning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X550c Black Screen And No Fan Spinning

This laptop has no display and fan not spinning. I have tried all the basics but want to know if next step in desolder bios chip and program or are there other steps before this. I have seen online about disable onboard ram? Not sure
    Any help appreciated
    Board X550CC
    Rev:2.0

Re: Asus X550c Black Screen And No Fan Spinning

First, check if battery led is on when you insert battery, if yes, check 3 and 5 volt and check if there is a voltage on the bios, if those voltages are present try to reprogramm bios but you should have a programmer ; don't touch anything if you not sure you can do.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I have the unit up and running but still black screen. I have 19v 3.3v and 5v
      Battery charge light on and fan working but still black vga and screen. Does anyone have bios file for this motherboard to try

Board X550CC
      Rev:2.0

Comment

Morning.

You can try disabling the on board RAM following the images attached, no idea if it works, I haven't tried it yet just keep every change in mind so that you can revert back to the current state with ease... I mean don't do it if you aren't comfortable...

Found it somewhere on this forum.
        Attached Files
        while alive { live(toFullest=true) }

Comment

I tried to disable the ram by removing the resistors, I still have the same problem: turn on not showing anything on the lcd / external monitor, the power & numlock leds remain fixed when turning on, 1min after turn on the fan, and everything is like this

Comment

Working...
          X