Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus X75VB IC,shorted the PWM: Can it be fixed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X75VB IC,shorted the PWM: Can it be fixed ?

Hi,
    My laptop is an 2013 Asus 17", model X75VB-TY086 with a Int I5 Ivy 3220M & GT740M graphic chip. Manufacturer Mother Board number is 60NB00Q0-MB1040.

I asked the X75VB rev. 2.0 shematic .fz in the right section of BC, but would ask if there is any luck I can fix the IC as I never experienced such things?

Problems begunn with the external powersupply not charging the battery (no PS green light on laptop) and not powering the laptop. A new PS and a new loaded battery were bought. The Laptop started only with the new battery.

Anyway, I had enough battery for voltages troublshooting, so I checked the M-B and unluckilly I shorted the RC8206L (CQW form factor) PWM controller with the red probe (spark ! ) and a 5 leads LDO hardly smoked. Laptop of course does not start anymore !

Many questions from a noob please :

Does this trouble broked more than the PWM chip, the near power 8 leads Mosfets and the smoked 5 leads LDO ( bottom of the board) close from the PWM chip controller ?
    Does the Intel I5 chip still alive with such shorts (pin6/7/5 of the RT8206L PWM controller) ? (if I can sucess to shop a board)
    Which parts would you check (no workshop powersupply avaliable) and or replace (so blindly) ? Have you the manufacterers ref of these components ?

Any help much appreciated

Edit: I checked the .fz here but unluckilly not the same X75VB rev. 2.0 board I have...
    Last edited by Iggydiy; 11-18-2019, 03:12 PM.

Re: Asus X75VB IC,shorted the PWM: Can it be fixed ?

RC8206L-is that correct or you mean RT8206L?? I think it should be RT8206L. i attach the diagram for same.
    https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...879a9f67e9.pdf

You need to remove that ic and then check whether you have shorting on 3v/5V coil. Fet connected to this iC are also likely to be bad. As you dont have a lab psu, it is not advisable to repair this on your own as there may be more damages if you connect ac adapter even after replacing these stuff. I'll advise to seek help from a professional repair shop.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you very much mcplslg123.

Well I guess I should spend few monney on a lab psu as I diy audio devices.

Not sure I can find the Rytek IC and the coils, and fets arounds on Mouser/Digikey/Farnell...

Comment

These ic are easily available on aliexpress,mouser,digikey etc

Comment

I see that you are from EU...So here it is....
          I have bought exactly that chip for exactly that laptop last week...:-)
          https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from...8206L&_sacat=0

Comment

Thank you guys...

Yep EvilMax, we are neighbours

Comment

Working...
            X