Rubycon CE W datasheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubycon CE W datasheet

I found this Rubycon CE W caps (manufactured in 1992) in old TV. I guess these are high-quality, similar to good ol' Tesla etc. caps. These are usualy able to serve well for tens of years so I'd like to use them again

But they are probably not being made for some 10+ years, so I have a little problem accessing datasheet...does somebody have it somewhere?
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Rubycon CE W datasheet

good luck.
    likely a gp part.
    minimum spec i stock is panasonic fc.less parts to track.

Comment

Rubycon CE W are 85c, non-polar. It was (and still is) popular for general-purpose audio coupling and DC blocking, but like most non-polar capacitors, it probably has only moderate ripple-current capability.

Comment

<deleted>
        Last edited by linuxguru; 06-23-2010, 11:43 AM. Reason: repeat

Comment

is non-polar the same as bi-polar in terms of capacitors btw?
          just asking because i see a lot of Rubycon NA series bi-polar caps in audio stuff lately..

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic
            is non-polar the same as bi-polar in terms of capacitors btw?
            From a circuit designer's point of view, they're the same - they can be connected either way. I'm not sure about the internal construction, though. For some reason, Rubycon calls them non-polar and the leads of Rubycon non-polars are of differing lengths indicating some asymmetry internally (non-isolated can?), while Elna and some other manufacturers call them bipolar.

Comment

As long as bipolar caps don't need to have marked cathode, it is interesting because these caps I took of TV have cathode marked with usuall minus sign.
              Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

So I've put my hands on ESR tester and capacitance meter (pretty pervertly equipped electronics club here on colleges, I think I'll sleep there from time to time ). ESR was excelent 0,1 or 0,3 ohm, capacitance was around 86 uF per 100uF cap, pretty good for 18 years old caps, don't you say?

Anyway, the capacitance meter was quite strange since I measured only 150 uF for few months old 330uF Chemi-cons KZG! Never used over two years old Samxon's 100 uF RS had less than 50 % of nominal capacity. Is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                  capacitance was around 86 uF per 100uF cap, pretty good for 18 years old caps, don't you say?

Anyway, the capacitance meter was quite strange since I measured only 150 uF for few months old 330uF Chemi-cons KZG! Never used over two years old Samxon's 100 uF RS had less than 50 % of nominal capacity. Is this normal?
                  Non-aqueous electrolytics can retain their capacitance for decades, since they dry out slowly (no water in the electrolyte). Aqueous electrolytics dry out sooner, though there are some exceptions (Rubycon ZL, Panasonic FM). KZG is aqueous, and I guess the Samson RS is also aqueous - they're typically rated only for 1000 to 2000 hours.

Comment

There are polar CE W caps too - probably similar to Chemi-con SME.

Comment

Working...
                    X