Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell e171fpb monitor no power or LED lights

Originally posted by miamiflorida View Post
    Well, none of the others pins puts out anything.
    'Puts out' has such a naughty connotation. I much prefer 'reads 0 volts', or what ever the reading was. Well, we've established the voltage into the IC is low. The two possible causes are the IC is bad, or for some reason the source isn't delivering enough voltage.

The two pictures in post number 7 cover the area I am interested in. I need a sharper picture of the top, and also a good, sharp picture of the bottom of that area.

Alternatively, there are several large resistors on the top side of the board in that area. With power unplugged, check the resistance of each of them and compare it to the color code.

The UC3842 is quite inexpensive - as low as $1.14 each, but I'd rather make sure I have you order the correct part rather than blindly replacing it.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

well you said have the transformer wasnt owrking. afaik thats the prob righ there...

Comment

I made a huge error. When disconnecting the screen I forgot to mark which way the back light connectors. Since they can be inserted either way, does anyone know the proper way to insert these connectors. There are two identical connectors. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

On all monitors i've worked on it's been pink wire up.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Every Monitor I have seen, the backlight connectors ALWAYS only fit into the sockets one way only,otherwise they will not make contact !!

Comment

If you mean you have 4 connectors split into 2 Pairs(top & bottom),I don't mark which hole they go into. The length of the cable determines which pair of conectors must be used, and as far as I can remember, it does not matter which hole they are then plugged into as long as they are paired.,

Comment

i have tv vizio vp50-hdtv20A.power good when i turn on . but screen still black .
                could you please let me know which board in tv no good .
                thank you

Comment

Originally posted by sinhnguyen View Post
                  i have tv vizio vp50-hdtv20A.power good when i turn on . but screen still black .
                  could you please let me know which board in tv no good .
                  thank you
                  There are a number of problems with your post.

1. You posted in the Monitor and computer display section, not the TV section.

2. You hijacked a thread for a Dell monitor.

3. Some of the people here are very good, a few are brilliant. NOBODY can accurately diagnose this problem based on the information you provided.

4. This TV appears to have two problems - power supply failures and buffer failures.

Troubleshooting by replacing boards until you find the bad one is a way to fix a TV - it's an expensive way, but it works - usually.

PlainBill
                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Viewsonic va1616w Ca1 burn, no power problem, pls sugest ca1 capacitor value.

Comment

Working...
                    X