Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Solder Station any good???

http://www.techgsm.org.uk/,2403.html

Is this any good for recapping and general rework of pc pcb's???
    Its been used for doing Mobile/cell phones.

Cheers
    Succesfull Caps = 1/1
    1. Shuttle XPC Recapping Project

Re: Is this Solder Station any good???

interesting site. i checked also the site of aoyue which is a chinese company. they have some interesting more advanced stuff which suggests they are not BS. its strange they use model numbering similar to hakko though. IMHO it looks like a nice station for delicate work but you would probably struggle with it at 35w on motherboards. no need to get a soldering station to do a few boards you could do it with a corded iron (as long as it is grounded). my 60w soldering station has been on highest setting since i got it. very fine tips are not recommended, they dont hold the heat enough, a 2mm chisel tip is nice for using on its side, keeps the heat well.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Cheers for the help, i figured it might be too fine for boards i just hade to make sure

what about this, ive asked for make etc but not had a reply yet

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Any ideas what type it is, or if its any good?
      Succesfull Caps = 1/1
      1. Shuttle XPC Recapping Project

Comment

it looks ok, i cant comment on the small or not well known brands. imho weller, goot, hakko are the good ones. really as long as the heat is good, the wattage is good and the tip is not too big or too small it should be ok for a few repairs. i have seen several reports on the forum and on the net of people getting by with quite cheap equipment.

Comment

I think the AOYUE 936 a good tool, but i doubt that the 35w will be sufficient heat to work well ont hevy ground layers. So for recaping i would`t suggest that item. And as far as i know, there are no 50 or 80w unit from AOYUE.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo0815
            I think the AOYUE 936 a good tool, but i doubt that the 35w will be sufficient heat to work well ont hevy ground layers. So for recaping i would`t suggest that item. And as far as i know, there are no 50 or 80w unit from AOYUE.
            I just recieved, via UPS, a Hakko 936-12 and it tops out at 60W. Cost $78USD from Kiesub.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Galvanized
              I just recieved, via UPS, a Hakko 936-12 and it tops out at 60W. Cost $78USD from Kiesub.com.
              Is this same Model like the AOYUE 936?
              If this is any good for recapping?
              Well, AOYUE 936 is availibable here for about 30€ and this will aboslutely fit my needs and budget then.

Comment

well the aoyue 936 is 35w and the hakko 936 is 60w so it is likely they have nothing to do with each other.

isnt there anything else available locally for you? preferably something not less than 60w. my ersa is made in germany.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo0815
                  Is this same Model like the AOYUE 936?
                  If this is any good for recapping?
                  Well, AOYUE 936 is availibable here for about 30€ and this will aboslutely fit my needs and budget then.
                  No, I really don't think so. The AOYUE 936 is probably a Chinese knock-off of the Hakko 936-12. I "think" the AOYUE is 35W and know the Hakko is 60W. Some pics will be posted with a newbie review in a week and posted in the tooling section of this forum. Might be able to open it up for pics.

I'm new to comp hardware repair but as a mechanic for >30 years know the lesson cheap tooling teaches.

Comment

the hakko got nice reviews
                    http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2871

its a pity the goot PX-251AS 70w analog is poor availability i would like to see a shootout between them

Comment

Well, probably i could spend some more money, but even for 100€ there aren`t mutch better and more powerfull soldering stations availiable here. Between some small 30 to 40w units and the good Weller etc. for abpout 150 to 300€ there isn`t mutch availiable here. And i am shure, even with magnastat or something you need at least 50 to 60w to make recap smooth and easy. So the hako could fit my needs, but no way to get one here. And if any AOYUE unit will get close to it, this would be best solution for me. I don`t do that mutch work with it, therefore the longevity isn`t that criticall.

Comment

well contact these guys and see who they are distributing to
                        http://www.hakko.de/

much of the electronics in greece is coming from germany cos they have nice import tariffs from outside eu. i thought it was the hong kong of europe......guess it is maybe for re-export only.

Comment

Working...
                        X