Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer VSX-532 receiver HDMI light blinking

Hi there,
    Pioneer VSX-532 receiver almost new, HDMI red light blinking , performed reset (power + surround button for 5 seconds), remove speakers, the amplif power up but after few sec smoke came up from resistor R16FL. Should I go head and remove the final transistors or just Q4FR ?
    Attached Files

Re: Pioneer VSX-532 receiver HDMI light blinking

Just a quick update...the amp assy board was removed and the receiver is power up fine. So the defect is obviously there... I checked front left channel and found the final transistors Q6 Q7, resistors R28, R29 , transistor Q4 and R16 shorted ... planned to replaced those. However as per service manual page 43 (When any component parts are replaced, the idle current adjustment of that channel is required) there is no variable resistors VR1 mounted ...did Pioneer cut corners here?
    Attached Files

Comment

Usually, when I find shorted final transistors, I just cut their legs, and I test it out, if it works. Just make sure, that you test every component, at that channel. You miss one bad component, and you may end up redoing your work.
      Last edited by tibimakai; 05-30-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks Tibi for your advice … I had a similar situation (with a Marantz receiver) and used your method and worked fine … however this time beside the final transistors (for that channel) lots of components found damaged! Basically I did replace all the transistors, one diode and 4 resistors , put everything back together, reset again …and after 3 sec still same error !!! This time no overheating or smoke …I am afraid that maybe one of other channels is bad …back to square one .

Comment

Cutting the legs, is just the first thing I do. To make sure that it works.
          After that, I take it apart and measure every component before and after the repair. Lately I do even a comparo measurement, with the neighbor channel.

Comment

OK!...so I checked again and this time I this time did not plug in CP404 cable from amplif board to main CPU (pin 3 ASO_DET, pin 2 RADI_THERMAL and pin 1 TR_THERMAL) and the receiver power on without any errors. Measured the voltage at each pin and pin 2 =16.5V , pin 1 and 3 =0V. What should be the right voltage range ? Thanks again...

Comment

Working...
            X