opinion on my new AmScope, 10 x 20 x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinion on my new AmScope, 10 x 20 x

so finally i decided to order a microscope for some rework . i was planning to get the most expensive and most used 3.5 90x boom stand for about 500-600€, but as i work at home, if i have to move it for some space it is heavy, so after some search i opted for the cheaper and less heavy amscope 10x that i got from amazon for 226€ ship included. after it arrived i put it on the table and that's my first opinion:

the are u can look at is very small about 1.5cm x 1.5 cm area. when i was planning to get a microscope i imaged to use it for every smd soldering and rework procedure like for example look at balls when melting the new one, but i cant do that. the are is too small and i cant see the whole bga.

to zoom perfectly u have to get it very far from the pcb; good for hot air and iron workspace, but u have to get something under u to get higher its not in the general horizon eyesight.

second and most problematic thing is that u have to get used with it. when i try to look at the area, its easy to touch with eye the lens cover and that will give u black spot when looking.

on each pcb, u have to focus, so if u need to get fast looking for some resistor desolder and soldering its not the best.

in conclution i would reccomend for some pcb rework, some small smd soldering and some pcb inspection, but for bios, smd , qfn , reballing i woul always go with the big lens with led lights on it. that's much faster and easier to use and comfort.

the microscope i mentioned is this one:

https://www.amazon.it/AmScope-Widefi...gateway&sr=8-1
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dellxps15; 04-29-2019, 04:45 AM.

Re: opinion on my new AmScope, 10 x 20 x

I removed the eyepieces from my microscope due to the black patches. No more black patches.
    Maybe look to buy 5x eye pieces to increase your viewing area.

Comment

Originally posted by dellxps15 View Post
      the microscope i mentioned is this one:
      Out of topic... but couldn't help laughing with your desk cover!
      Can i get those cookies for 99 cents LOL

But i like the idea: sometimes we even forget to eat

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
        I removed the eyepieces from my microscope due to the black patches. No more black patches.
        Maybe look to buy 5x eye pieces to increase your viewing area.
        do you have some link for them? would be very good some kind of water mask type to not touch the eyes with lens or plastic cover.

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
        Out of topic... but couldn't help laughing with your desk cover!
        Can i get those cookies for 99 cents LOL

But i like the idea: sometimes we even forget to eat
        yeah im used to cover the workspace with that paper... when they get dirt i can remove them without problem :p

laso they keep me if some screw or resistor fall off ,, i can take the paper and get all the stuff it caught.

Comment

Check out Aliexpress for eyepieces, just check they are the correct diameter.

Comment

Working...
          X