Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple smc and bios programmer

Hi to all members!

Most part of time I used this forum as an information source and found answers to all questions without asking them, but today it is a completely different thing. Few days ago found in the network information about an smc and bios programmer for Apple devices. Now thinking about to get one of those because I know that it is worth of that. Device is called Smcprog, and there are few videos on youtube. But there is almost no information about it.

How do you think about that?

Re: Apple smc and bios programmer

From a quick Google, it seems as though it's in development still. A release date of 08/07/2019 is mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      From a quick Google, it seems as though it's in development still. A release date of 08/07/2019 is mentioned.
      Yes, but they decleared a value of 349$ while they run a crowdfunding. After the price will raise to 879$. Thats a realy huge difference.

Comment

Yes, it encourages people to back the project.

One video shows them scrolling through the menu on the box and the other of supposedly carrying out it's job, but the video is shot at a weird angle so as not to be clear.

A crowdfunding page but on their own domain not hosted by one of the usual sites. Payment only allowed in Bitcoin

It might be legit but it smells funky to me.

Comment

Video angle isn't weird for me, but the way they host crowdfunding definitely. Anyway I have few days more to think about it...

Comment

I had a contact with those guys and got all answers I needed, so I decided to try.

Comment

hello everyone, how's the smc programmer theme going? Was it true or was it all a fraud?

Comment

Crappy website, release date pushed back and still no more videos showing what amazing things this box supposedly can do. It still feels like bullshit to me.

Comment

smc is not impossible to program, being afaik stock sillicon,
                  but where do you get the binaries?

Comment

I don't disagree, but they are only taking Bitcoin or direct bank transfer for payment for the device to be delivered in December. Still no new videos showing how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by dest234 View Post
                      I had a contact with those guys and got all answers I needed, so I decided to try.
                      Have you received anything? or was it a scam

Comment

any news?

Comment

Yes. The news is that if you paid, your money is gone

Comment

No surprises there then.

Comment

Sorry, long time passed. Hardware is +/- ok, but the software is buggy. Not all promised functions worked out-of-the-box, some functions still are quite buggy. First normal update that fixed a lot of bugs - released only at the end of January 2020. Last week received a message to send the device back to them for exchange to a new upgraded hardware free of charge. They are not selling these devices any more, but still support the product. On Monday will send my unit back to get an updated one.

Comment

A free upgrade if you post your extremely rare hardware back from a company that seemingly has disappeared, are you sure it's not a scam ?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                                  A free upgrade if you post your extremely rare hardware back from a company that seemingly has disappeared, are you sure it's not a scam ?
                                  At least till now they have supported the product, so my doubt is at 10% level. In any case - I was ready to loose my money 1 year ago, but it didn't happen. During the period of time I had the device, it paid off more than 10x times.

Comment

hi, im curious if it was at least able to program old f211 smc chip for old macbook.

Comment

Working...
                                    X