Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yet another ESR meter!

2n2222 is nearly the same.
    about the most common npn on the planet.

Comment

The 3905 is a PNP, the 3903 has half the hfe of a 3904 looking at the datasheet.

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerific
        The 3905 is a PNP, the 3903 has half the hfe of a 3904 looking at the datasheet.
        what is effect of that on the circuit though? seems to work ok

apart from setting up the battery i am done nice kit i enjoyed building it.
        Attached Files
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

So... is this the meter to have for basic system board and psu diagnosis?

I'm thinking an ESR meter should be added to my modest tools and growing skills. I haven't purchased one yet, but am willing to assemble a kit if it is the right tool for the job.

Comment

is this the ESR meter to have? yes i believe so. the kit is rather good indeed and the case and construction should last for a good while. need variable power supply though or a few parts to build the small variable power circuit to set it up (not included).

review
            http://www.capacitorlab.com/anatek-b...eter/index.htm

whether you need an esr meter? well thats another question. for pro work i think it is important because then you have the ability to eliminate the caps from any troubleshooting. especially important in quick fix solutions enabling to get it back running quickly and arrange for proper solution at leisure.

also its a good tool to learn what is going on, collecting data over time.

certainly i think you should get one. but should everyone get one....no
            capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

if you're engaged in changing caps, you should have esr meter, yeah....

Comment

I read the reviews and ordered the Blue kit.

I never imagined I would be doing component-level repairs. If my Dad was still alive, he would be all about that. He always wanted to get me interested in Ham gear, but I was a musician instead.

Comment

Working...
                X