biostar u8668-d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

biostar u8668-d

Hi guys I recently got a biostar u8668-d motherboard from a friend. He said it was working and he left it for a little while and when he came back the computer was off when he turned it back on it would power on and not post. He just swapped out the board and gave me the old one. It had two blotted caps beside the cpu so I replaced them with the exact size as the old ones and still no post. so could I have more bad caps that aren't showing on top or bottom or could it be a fried board

Re: biostar u8668-d

The other caps could be bad, they don't have to be bloated to be bad. And yes it could be something besides bad caps.

Comment

thanks I was wondering if the caps could be bad and not showing. now for another question can I check the caps with a digital multimeter or do I need some other tools. I have never checked caps before only changed out the bloated ones. any advice would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by mrjeep88 View Post
        thanks I was wondering if the caps could be bad and not showing. now for another question can I check the caps with a digital multimeter or do I need some other tools. I have never checked caps before only changed out the bloated ones. any advice would be appreciated
        You either need an ESR meter and a uF meter or to ask old farts.

Did you use low ESR caps for the new ones?
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

When you ask about caps list: make, series, uF, volts, and diameter in mm.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

ok so I will need more tools. The caps are kzg 6.3v and 3300uf at least those were the ones the bloated the other caps are g-luxon 10v 1000uf there is also two kzg 16v 1500uf. The two I replaced I used ost 6.3v 3300uf that i had laying around left over from recaping another board

Comment

See, that's why asking old farts helps...

KZG are prone to failing without bloating, just replace all of them.
              KZJ does the same thing. - Cases of bad series in an otherwise good brand.

G-luxon usually bloat but they are crap so just replace those too.

Unfortunately OST behave a lot like KZG.
              Might get you going for now but for how long is questionable.

-

- Dr Seuss
              -
              -

Comment

thanks I will replace all the kzg and see if it boots. If it does then I will order all them in a good brand. any advice on a good brand cap

Comment

For KZG:
                  Rubycon MBZ, MCZ
                  Nichcon HM, HN [but not w/ 2001-2004 date codes]
                  Sanyo/Suncon WG
                  Panasonic FL, FJ
                  NIC Components NRSK, NRSJ [Don't confuse NRSK series with NRSK brand.]
                  Samxon GD, GC

-

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  -

Comment

thanks I just changed out the last kzg 6.3 3300uf as there were only two of them left and powered the board on and it posted fine so I will be ordering some new caps from the list you posted. thanks for all the help

Comment

With those that are Vcore caps you could also do a poly upgrade.
                      I don't think the cost would be much different anymore.

-

- Dr Seuss
                      -
                      -

Comment

I might do that I am useing the board in a computer that I am building for my sister to do her school work on so it needs to last and if poly will last longer then I will go that way as I am sure she will be playing games on it like world of Warcraft.

Comment

Working...
                        X