Fix for Benq FP737s 17" (Q7T3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fix for Benq FP737s 17" (Q7T3)

I'm in the middle of resoldering, and have just come across an unsoldered pin on T601. Is that right?

Edit: Answering my own question, I've see on post #244 there's a picture of the same board, with the same pin unsoldered.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by oddbodd; 03-22-2013, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Good news. I now have a working monitor again!

I was almost ready to call it a day. After desoldering/resoldering everything suggested in the earlier post... it still didn't work.

So I retested the new C5707s and found that one pair had gone bad. So I removed them and reinstalled 2 of the original 4, all of which had tested OK after they were removed.

So I got there in the end, even if I did get a bit of a headache using a magnifying glass for so long!

I just hope it keeps working...

Thanks to all who helped.

Comment

Hi -Well done! This often happens unfortunately. The 5707s are shot and are replaced but if the soldering is not redone then they go again as it is the main reason they went bad in the first place.

To increase its life expectancy you could also replace the middle size caps
        if not all except the BIG one.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Yes, I think that should have resoldered first and then replaced later. Lesson learnt.

I'll bear that in mind, about the caps, too. Thanks

Comment

I am just curious, did somebody found the final solution? From what I remember when I've read this through half a year ago, I remember davmax found there are some spikes when the display goes off and back on right again while restarting system (pre-POST). I also think I remember he thought he found the solution but than the 2SC5707 just blew again…
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

I just repaired a Dell E173FPb (Benq board) that had one shorted 2sc5707, and the cause was poor solder connections on components in the inverter, (transformer and cap. c735) plus other misc. poor connections.

Comment

Working...
              X