Wireless access points and Local Network IPv6 State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless access points and Local Network IPv6 State

On a Technicolor TG800vac being used as a wireless access point (DHCP turned off and IP address not within DHCP range of another router), I had a problem where Android devices would not connect to the Internet (although they can access LAN resources OK) but a Windows PC did not have this problem.
    Some investigation revealed that the Local Network IPv6 State option which was enabled (most likely an IPv6 DHCP option), so I turned it off (and toggled Wi-Fi off and on on the Android devices) and this fixed the problem.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Wireless access points and Local Network IPv6 State

no surprise most isp's dont support ipv6.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      no surprise most isp's dont support ipv6.
      That's what it looks like, even in the late-2010s! So IPv4 definitely isn't dead!
      It's even less likely to be dead for a good while, because of program compatibility! Halo CE has a strong fan-base and thus eliminating IPv4, likely will cause Halo CE to be extinct! And probably other programs, which are more important...
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

To clarify, the router for Internet access has DHCP enabled for both IPv4 and IPv6.
        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

doesnt matter, unless the router is set to translate between address-types it is just going to forward both out into the world.
          and as i said, most(all even??) isp's arent supporting IPv6 yet - hell it's grayed out in the router here.

Comment

I have had problems with android and windows trying to use ipv6 gateways to access the internet on non ipv6 internet connections so as a preventive measure I disable ipv6 dhcp servers
            My pc
            CPU : AMD PHENOM II x4 @ 3.5Ghz
            MB : ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3
            RAM : Kingston ValueRAM 16gb DDR3
            PSU : Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro
            GPU : ATI Radeon HD 6850

Comment

Working...
            X