This stinks! lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This stinks! lol

And taking a long time to find the culprit. Priceless.

http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~jab00/mouse/
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Re: This stinks! lol

EEEEWWW! Beats my dead gnat.
    sigpicThe Sky Is Falling

Comment

hahahaha
      My pc
      CPU : AMD PHENOM II x4 @ 3.5Ghz
      MB : ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3
      RAM : Kingston ValueRAM 16gb DDR3
      PSU : Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro
      GPU : ATI Radeon HD 6850

Comment

Never had one in any of my PC's....but it always annoyed me to no end to have a PC with the case off if it wasn't being serviced....and it annoyed me more for the IO shield to be missing. Stupid is as stupid does.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

Thats rank lol, our cat brings dead mice in we found a small nest behind the cooker lol
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Never buy used ATX motherboards that come without the back plate?
            Not sure what to do about the ones acquired for free then...

Comment

Did you see that screw? lol
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
                Never buy used ATX motherboards that come without the back plate?
                Not sure what to do about the ones acquired for free then...
                Unless the board has a really obscure IO layout you can usually find the back plates cheap (<$10) on eBay.

Comment

I found a mummified mouse in the back of a stove once. Fortunately it was on the roadside for the rubbish, and not in my house!
                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                  -David VanHorn

Comment

this is an amp i rebuilt a while back ... the mice had moved in big style ..
                    i have after pics somewhere
                    Attached Files

Comment

I can just smell it...
                      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                      -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by dmill89 View Post
                        Unless the board has a really obscure IO layout you can usually find the back plates cheap (<$10) on eBay.
                        Actually have you looked at all the newer motherboards, there's like one special one for every one built out there now. The first ATX designs were very close to each other, but as companies started adding HDMI and eSATA ports with 5.1 sound, they've massively diverged from each other, basically requiring obtaining one from the original manufacturer.

I remember the days when ATX first came out, cases came with a few IO shields that covered many motherboards. But ever since serial and parallel ports stopped showing up on motherboards, there's like a unique shield for every board out there, so they stopped supplying shields as they knew they'd be tossed and why bother adding to the cost of the case.

At least VGA can be used with the serial port DB9 cutout, but even VGA is going the way of the dodo on new motherboards, likewise PS2 ports... and who knows where all the USB ports are scattered around the rear plate...

(and still, getting a motherboard worth $1 or less, buying an io shield that costs $10 is hard to stomach!)
                        Last edited by eccerr0r; 02-12-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X