This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I'm an auto tech that, lately, has been the shops go to electronics guy. Figured I could read up, lurk a little, learn a lot, and maybe ask a question or three.

Comment

ok, Im new at all of this. I love to learn & I got on first to figure out whats wrong with my tv. I enjoy responding & talking to a huge variety of ppl. I have a vision tv & it is plugged into a power surge protector. I had a bunch of plugs go out & blew a coupe of walls of just the plugs & in turning the breakers back & forth trying to figure out which ones go to which cuz they r not marked, my vision model # E320vl will not power on. Any suggestions? If Im doing this right, pls let me know. If i am pls help me out on this matter. Thanks

Comment

Rca rt2770 no display no sound won't turn off after it goes on arrgh

Comment

Hello from Canada!

My son has just started his engineering course and I thought I would get some knowledge too!

Jeff

Comment

I am also looking for help with converting an ATX power supply into a lab power supply for my sons breadboard assignments. Any help would save me a lot of pain!

Comment

Hello, from Nevada!

Well, I've been "tinkering" with stuff since I was about 15 years old. It didn't really matter what it was, I wanted to take it apart and see how it worked. I got my first computer in 88, a color computer II from Tandy/Radioshack. I found out very quickly I didn't want to be a programmer. I picked up a few IBM XT's or 8088's back in the early 90's and decided to do what I had done from the beginning, take them apart and see how they work. I built my first 386 from scratch in 94, and went on from there. I was also learning about Ham Radio at the time, which was just up my alley for taking things apart, and building stuff from scratch. By 1995 I was an Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator, and by 2000 I was an A+ Certified Computer Tech. I like to tell people I went to the University of Amargosa T&E (Trial & Error). Which means, you guessed it, I'm self taught. The way I look at it as a far as repairs go; is it's dead now, I can't screw that up! Seriously though, I like being able to fix things on my own, and I have more time than money, so it works out pretty good.

I guess that's it for now.

Cliff aka. DesertRat

Comment

Like many on this thread, I found my way here via a google search on plasma TV issues. I am a DIY fix-it yorself kind of guy with a background in Mech Engg so with a bit of info and insight, I always think I can fix things and sometimes I am actually right! Hopefully this is one of those times...

Comment

Great forum

Comment

Hello from Peoria Illinois. Just trying to fix a 50" Panny that won't turn on after a nasty thunderstorm rolled through. This forum looks like my best chance.

Rob

Comment

Ended up here after a faulty Samsung 245B

Comment

Anton 30 years old from Sweden, intrested in electrical things.. have been working with soldering in PCB's etc..

are now in this forum for suggesstions with failing computer monitors or TV's

Comment

Humberto 39 years old from portugal. Working in a repair shop, and assistence for Pioneer.

Comment

Well here to ask questions about some tv's that are stumping me haha been getting into fixing em now

Comment

Hi all,

New member here, though I've visited the site previously and found some helpful information. Hope to be able to contribute in the future.

My background is in electronics engineering technology with a long career, currently working for a manufacturer of radiation detection equipment as a field service technician. Board level repairs in the field, component level repairs in the shop.

Tinkering and hacking occupies a fair bit of my "leisure" time as well.

Sound familiar?

Fred Walker

Comment

Just here to learn.

Comment

Here to figure out what is wrong with my TV. Hope I find what I'm looking for.

Comment

Hi. I found this forum whilst searching for a solution to a TV power supply issue - and there seem to be a lot of answers here!
                                    Bit about myself:
                                    I have a bit of formal education in Maths, but I work in arboriculture (that's odd) ..
                                    First Computer system I built and modded was an Altair 8800 (in around 1976) .. the system is long since retired, but we use the power supply for an anchor (not really).
                                    I've been out of practice on hardware builds for a long while (everything is pre-fab, wave soldered boards now!) and thought I might get back into the hobby.

So that's me ... not much to write about.

Comment

Hi, My name is Rick. I worked for Sony Factory Service as a bench tech from 1972 to 1982. I serviced Sony TV, Video and spent a great deal of time servicing Betamax VCRs Most recently I've worked for General Electric Healthcare doing field service on CAT, PET and MR hospital equipment. I've always had an interest in consumer electronics. I hope to learn from and be of some support to others.

Comment

Hi Everyone. Just found this forum and decided to give it a try.

I have been working in electronics since 1980, and have run my own service business since 1991.

My interests are electronics and computers.

Comment

Hey can I get access to create a thread, have some questions about a TV repair.

Comment

Working...
                                          X