This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi,everyone I found this site while try to find a repair xbox 360. Hoping to find a solution soon. Everyone on this site seems very helpful and informative.

Comment

hi, just became a member, from Iceland and liking this community very much!

Comment

Hello all, Greetings from Barbados. I am an IT Systems Engineer trying to fix my own TV. Hopefully you guys can help

Comment

Greetings Badcaps thank you for the welcome topcat !
          Jeff Davidson, born a tinker.skabed old radios tv's hifi's mechanical devices
          from the scap heap.When I was a kid thats how i got my toys.,Yep at the dump.
          Everything was tubes at the time and solidstate was just coming out .Bought my first transistor radio (the 9 Transistor) it was state of the art at the time. Boy oh boy ! Vendo computers astroides and pac man (rom based) Then!
          The atomic age. Computers! I started with xt 86 512k ram from a thrift rack now begain the brain twister DOS 3.0 was obsessed with making it as fast as could be .Ect...
          became a computer junkie in performance (Gamer Class Machines) im up to speed as best as can be. Stumbled onto this forum reseaching compacitor Failure on LCD monitors and hdmi tv.seems to be a lot of them failing one in which is mine. Go figure enough for now .
          Thanks again for the welcome.

Comment

Hallo,

I´m a Service-Engineer here in Hamburg, Germany. I´m running my own company: servicing and repairing all of audio-equipment, mostly the professional, but also for home-user. I spend a lot of time changing bad-caps, it´s a big theme. I hate badcaps, because in a lot of damaged equiment they destroying also the PCB´s.....

Best Regards

Vorschoter

"License to solder"

Comment

Just checking the place out. Looks like a lot of good information.

Talk to you later..... D.

Comment

Hi guys!
                just registered, good community here

Comment

Greetings Everyone.

My name is Matt from Athens GA. I am fumbling my way through the world of microelectronics. I recently began trying my hand at TV repair, and found this forum to very useful. I look forward to growing my knowledge and helping others.

Thanks

MK

Comment

I'm Allan from Petaluma, CA, working on all manner of strange projects here and there. I'm currently working on a Raspberry Pi to NES circuit to play back TASVideos on real hardware, repairing a random LCD TV that I stumbled on, and other crazy things. I might have useful insights here and there that are worth sharing. I hope.

A.C.

Comment

Electronics sales and service since 1987. looks like a great forum.

Comment

Hello! I am a new member found your forum while trying to repair an older lcd monitor and was successful thanks to info about a resistor that is a known failure point. I am a software guy (possibly soon working at XBOX at the MS campus) with some circuit experience and an EE minor years ago. So I know enough to be dangerous. I don't have all the proper tools but I know my way around a multimeter. I'm posting here in hopes that I can then open a new thread about my current motherboard power input failure on an ASUS G71Gx republic of gamers machine that I would hate to lose - it works from battery so I know it's the power circuit. Anyway, if posting here let's me start a thread I will do that and proceed with details and questions. Thanks in advance!
                        -Bill

Comment

Just saying Hi...having some TV troubles!

Comment

Hi, I am a Florida native and work as a HVAC/R technician. I am 40 years old and have been tinkering with computers starting with when I was 11 years old with a Commodore 64 until now with my 3rd generation i3 PC. C Hegge turned me onto this site and who has been very helpful in regards to my questions about PSU's.

Comment

Hi this place is great.
                              User error.

Comment

Hi, i'm new here. I work on cumputer etc.

Comment

Hi All, KANDOOHAR here, relatively new to forums, love electronics, not a genius, just a tech for many years. always looking to learn new stuff. especially when gadgets stop gadgeting. hope to learn much here and maybe even contribute to someone else's learning curve. anyone into BASICSTAMPS? live in orlando, fl

Comment

also wanting to learn about plasma and led tv's. mostly plasma

Comment

Hi All

Just became a member site recommended by friend

Sai
                                      Bury (uk)

Comment

Hello, i`m new to your forum but i`ve seen you have lots of usefull things that i couldn`t find anywhere else.
                                        Good job everyone!

Comment

Hello BadCaps.net and members....

I'm a technical guy by profession, but mechanical not electronics. I work in the motorcycle industry, and have for 42 years now!! Anyway, in today's world the good motorcycle tech needs to have good electrical skills, too.!

I built a Heatkit TV in 1973....it even had "Digital" tuning instead of a rotary dial.

My first computer was an Apple 2e with dual 5 1/4 inch floppy drives and the 80kb extended memory card!!! I was high tech.

Anyway, I have rudimentary skills when it comes to electrical circuits, and a basic understanding of the electronic components in TVs, computers and such....enough to not be scared to dive in, but usually not enough to actually fix anything more than the obvious.

So my 5 year old big screen plasma TV took a dive the other day, and just for grins I decided to Google the symptoms and see where it led me (Google is your friend!! )....and it led me here!!! So much good information and helpful people with skills and knowledge far beyond mine.

So I tore off the back of the TV, looked around and saw a capacitor that looked "funny"...replaced it ....but no love.

Well, Now I've registered and introduced myself. I'm ready to post questions and seek guidance. I already replaced the TV, but won't it be nice to have another one I can use in my "Man Cave" (whenever that mystical place actually comes into being).??

Looking forward to expanding my working knowledge and experience...and thanks in advance!
                                          Wonder what this thingy on the circuit board does??

Comment

Working...
                                          X