Recommended 19" to 20" widescreen LCD monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommended 19" to 20" widescreen LCD monitor

Thanks alot, I do not think the 216BW is available here in Australia yet.

I was quite angry earlier today, I went to the computer store looking to buy the monitor that I ordered in and they do not have it in, even after five business days. This was after I was assured that it will be in after three days and that it's coming in from their supplier in Perth (another major city in Australia). Well I go there today and I got a different person serving me and said that it is not in yet, and that they expect it to come in on the 20th of September because their supplier has run out of stock.

Damn shifty sales people and their lying!!

The store is pretty much cleaned out of just about all their good monitors at the 20 inch widescreen size.

I can still buy another monitor or buy at another location, after all when I ordered the monitor in. I did not pay anything at all.

So any more ideas of good monitors!
    At the moment I am looking at:
    * Samsung 206BW
    * LG L206WT - If available in Australia, I doubt it
    * LG L226WT - I know it's a 22 incher, however it does have the nice scaling option
    * Samsung 226BW - Not really interested, however I guess I can buy this one, it is in stock at the store

The 22 inch Asus monitors have very good specifications. That is the MW221C, VW222U, PG221 and the MW221U. Does anyone here know how good they are in reality rather than just based on specifications?

Comment

I have done some more research and the Asus VW series of monitors seem to be fairly good. The ones that I have looked at were the VW222U and the VW202U. Naturally it seems (like the LG monitor), the 20 inch version is unavailable in Australia at this moment in time. However the 22 inch version is quite cheap, it costs around as much as the Samsung 206BW. Oh and it does have a setting to keep the aspect ratio of the original signal which is always nice I guess.

Comment

I have not been posting on these forums for a while now, just browsing abit during some free time. I have been incredibly busy with assignments, tests and laboratory classes at uni.

However I got the Samsung 206BW a few weeks ago. It looks great! There are very few negatives with the monitor I have. In terms of picture quality, it is good enough for me. I can not tell the difference between this monitor and my old 17 inch CRT. There is a slight amount of light bleeding on the bottom centre. It is only noticeable on a purely black screen. Installing cables was fiddly, however it is a set and forget sort of thing for me. An annoyance for me is that this monitor does 1:1 pixel mapping if you use a 16:10 resolution, however if I am to use a smaller 16:10 ratio resolution, I would want it to stretch it out to the whole screen since the aspect ratio is the same!! There is no option to turn this behaviour off. I would use the drivers to handle the aspect ratio stuff, however the ATI drivers that I am currently using does not seem to work. I will have to try the newer ones that are available. Otherwise it is great, I do not have any noticible blue tinge like other people on the Internet have (this is said to be an issue with the Chimea made panels because they are not calibrated). I do not know who made the panel of my monitor, the nice little indicator on the back of the monitor is blank. The hidden service menu does not have this information and I am not going to void my 3 year warranty just to find out who made my panel by opening it up. Especially since I have no real issues with it!

In short, I recommend this monitor, it is great!!

Comment

Working...
        X